Questions re: IOS?

We will be sailing on the IOS in December. This is only our second cruise, the first was on the Allure.

With the Allure, I was able to make all of our entertainment reservations online prior to the cruise - I really liked that as I'm a planner.

With the IOS, I see that isn't possible (and that's difficult for a planner).

• Do you make reservations once you board? Or, do you just show up (how much beforehand?)?
  • Is there a way to see, before boarding, what the entertainment is and the days/times? A webstie perhaps?
  • If we can't find out the show times, would you suggest trying to get early/late seating (we have MTD), knowing that the showtimes will lend themselves to those seatings?

We will also be on board Christmas Day -

• We will be docked in St. Kitts - will there be Christmas activities during the day on board or will most people disembark?
  • Is there anything special Christmas Eve evening or Christmas evening in regards to dining or shows?

Thanks so much for any answers and anything you can share about IOS. :)

We will be sailing on the IOS in December. This is only our second cruise, the first was on the Allure.

With the Allure, I was able to make all of our entertainment reservations online prior to the cruise - I really liked that as I'm a planner.

With the IOS, I see that isn't possible (and that's difficult for a planner).

• Do you make reservations once you board? Or, do you just show up (how much beforehand?)?
  • Is there a way to see, before boarding, what the entertainment is and the days/times? A webstie perhaps?
  • If we can't find out the show times, would you suggest trying to get early/late seating (we have MTD), knowing that the showtimes will lend themselves to those seatings?

We will also be on board Christmas Day -

• We will be docked in St. Kitts - will there be Christmas activities during the day on board or will most people disembark?
  • Is there anything special Christmas Eve evening or Christmas evening in regards to dining or shows?

Thanks so much for any answers and anything you can share about IOS. :)

There are no advance show reservations on Indy at this time. The only reservation you can make on board is the Ice Show, for which you get advance tickets at a time and place that will be announced in the Compass (daily schedule) and periodically by the Cruise Director.

Royal does not show Indy's entertainment schedule on their website. However, shows will be timed to be convenient for traditional dining times, so you can choose to stay in MTD and dine around the times for traditional dining.

You just need to show up - probably about 10 minutes before a show time. You'll find there's no problem.

The Indy hasn't sailed from Fort Lauderdale for several years, so there are no sample Cruise Compasses floating around. The best idea I can think of is for you to go to the 12/8 Meet and Mingle Board and ask someone if they'll bring home the Cruise Compasses and scan them for you. (That's the first and only cruise that will be similar to yours.)

I have never sailed over Christmas, so I have no answers about what will be happening on board.

Thanks for the replies - The thing is we WANT to go to all the shows (that's one of the things we love most) but having limited cruise experience and not knowing what times they are makes it hard to know how to plan to incorporate it all.

Thanks for the idea of asking someone to scan the compass. It just really makes it easier to know the basic times/schedule beforehand so that I don't have to think while I'm on board:)

I have made MTD dining reservations for 6:15 most nights. Is it safe to assume that eating at that time will give us the time we need to attend the late seating for all the shows? Thanks!

Thanks for the replies - The thing is we WANT to go to all the shows (that's one of the things we love most) but having limited cruise experience and not knowing what times they are makes it hard to know how to plan to incorporate it all.

Thanks for the idea of asking someone to scan the compass. It just really makes it easier to know the basic times/schedule beforehand so that I don't have to think while I'm on board:)

I have made MTD dining reservations for 6:15 most nights. Is it safe to assume that eating at that time will give us the time we need to attend the late seating for all the shows? Thanks!

Assuming traditional early dining is at 6pm, then you should be fine at 6:15pm. I'd check with Royal or your roll call and find out the schedule for tradtional dining times just to be sure. Some ships have early dinner at 5:30pm, some at 5:45pm, etc.

The best idea I can think of is for you to go to the 12/8 Meet and Mingle Board and ask someone if they'll bring home the Cruise Compasses and scan them for you. (That's the first and only cruise that will be similar to yours.)

I have never sailed over Christmas, so I have no answers about what will be happening on board.

Vicki, you are right as usual!:D

Daisy, I will bring home the Cruise Compasses from the Dec. 8th cruise.

I will try to scan them for you in time for your cruise.

I try to get the kids Cruise compasses, also. Do you need them scanned?

I have EVERY Cruise Compass from all of my cruises, even the first one in 1995.:p

I have never sailed over Christmas either, so you will have to get that info from someone else.

I have EVERY Cruise Compass from all of my cruises, even the first one in 1995.:p

I have never sailed over Christmas either, so you will have to get that info from someone else.

Wow - thank you so much! That's awesome!! My girls are in the teen group so if you happen to have them, that's great but totally not necessary.

I happened to hop over to your roll call - what an active group. Sounds like y'all are going to have so much fun :)

I happened to hop over to your roll call - what an active group. Sounds like y'all are going to have so much fun :)

I'm jealous, the role call for my cruise in February is nearly comatose. I hate to keep posting. I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself.:eek:

Our roll call loves to talk. You can join in anytime!:p

If you have questions, we can help.

Would you be able to get me the daily compass for the Royal Tots program? Taking my under 2 year old on her first cruise and would love to see what they offer on this ship!! :)

There will be lots of xmas activities - Christmas eve there is usually a special show and carolling in the promenade with crew and officers.

Santa arrives Christmas morning by lifeboat. Lots of things going on around the ship but many will get off to go to the beach or touring during the day too. Much is closed on the island in terms of shopping, but some guides will be working in the afternoon. You will have lots of options, enjoy. We love cruising at Christmas!

We did a xmas cruise on Liberty last year.

Xmas eve had carol singing on the promenade which was fine but was not greatly attended - shame.

most shows had a xmas theme and on Liberty you could pre book similar to the Oasis ships - thought this was being introduced across the fleet as part of the upgrade packages. A great idea for saving time and guaranteeing seats.

Xmas day had Santa arrive and make his way to the ice rink along with his elf's via a parade along the Promenade. Kids all got a small gift as their pictures were taken with the big man. That was about it for xmas day until Evening Dinner.

We were surprised there was not a bigger party atmosphere re xmas, people dressing up in fancy hats that kind of thing, more for kids on xmas day (was a sea day). Most cruisers spent the day on the upper decks burning in the sun. Lol.

I am sure you will have a lovely time.

If you are Diamond or plus or have a suite the Indie has reserved seating upstairs centre for you until they open it for everyone 10 mins before show.

Also if you are MTD you can change the time of your seating anynight there is a different show time.

Archived