Cruise ship for sale!

Think they will def replace it that's why still booked in for ports in 2014 etc. They have a loyal following so doubt they will finish with the island brand, think they have a replacement already lined up. After all its been for sale long enough , I think they are already sorted out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Think they will def replace it that's why still booked in for ports in 2014 etc. They have a loyal following so doubt they will finish with the island brand, think they have a replacement already lined up. After all its been for sale long enough , I think they are already sorted out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

If they transfer a Thomson ship, then I'd expect Majesty would go. Then there's the issue of replacing a ship for Majesty's sailings. Statendam for that? Unless they will continue sailing Island Escape for next year, then sell it and swap Thomson Spirit with IE, like they have done before, hence why it is Celebration doing the ex-UK cruises. :confused:

Not found any other ship on the market that would really fit with the Island Cruises brand for the size they would probably want.

If they transfer a Thomson ship, then I'd expect Majesty would go. Then there's the issue of replacing a ship for Majesty's sailings. Statendam for that? Unless they will continue sailing Island Escape for next year, then sell it and swap Thomson Spirit with IE, like they have done before, hence why it is Celebration doing the ex-UK cruises. :confused:

Not found any other ship on the market that would really fit with the Island Cruises brand for the size they would probably want.

Oh no!! They cannot take Majesty .... I have just booked on her. This is déjà vous. Last year I had just booked Destiny when they swopped her for majesty.:eek:

Oh no!! They cannot take Majesty .... I have just booked on her. This is déjà vous. Last year I had just booked Destiny when they swopped her for majesty.:eek:

I would think that if Majesty was transferred over, then it might not happen until after next year, ready for 2014 perhaps.

sailaway have a look on FB thomson cruise group and look under my name i was msg there about it

carolynne

Thanks Carolynne. Found it also on the main Thomson Holidays Facebook page. Here are the responses from Thomson at the moment:

'We haven't heard about this, but I've just contacted the relevant team for you. As soon as I hear from them, I'll let you know.'

then...

'I've just heard from the team and as a business, we regularly receive enquiries from prospective buyers who are interested in one of our ships and reports of this nature are not unusual. Island Cruises never comments on any discussions we have had with any such parties.'

and finally...

'We’ll regularly receive queries about our cruise ships. If there were to be any changes that would affect your holiday, you would be contacted by the relevant team as soon as they become aware.'

Sounds to me there is something going on and they're not saying...

Just been over to P&O boards for a laugh. Someone said Princess, P&O and even Thomson have better entertainment than Celebrity. Shall I tell them Thomson have the best entertainment or will I get my head bitten off?:rolleyes:

Obviously they don't have to worry that the ship they have just booked might be sold off before they even get on it:eek::D

Louis as we know have a selection of cruise ships for sale so there is hope for the return of Destiny yet :D

Perhaps lease it to Thomson for now until they find a buyer.

Was thinking that if the crew are being made redundant that are currently with the Island Escape, then wouldn't it mean a different company must be in charge of its replacement ship. Would make sense if it was Louis, as they would then be using and contracting their own staff.

Majesty is no longer showing on the Louis cruises page! Under ships chartered if you click on Majesty Destiny pops up. Go onto all ships it tells you they have a fleet of 7 but only 6 listed and its Majesty thats missing!!!

Yep, Majesty's gone from the 'All Ships' listed. And under the Charters page, both Louis Olympia/Destiny and Majesty now say 'Page Not Found'. Something is going on! :confused: :confused:

Now, when you click onto Thomson Majesty, Louis Olympia appears again. Thomson haven't bought Majesty have they! Hope not, even if it is a replacement for IE! :(

If they have, what's replacing Majesty? Then they'll have two ships that there going to have to swap people with. This could get messy... :o

Something strange going on though for sure. Hopefully there might be a press release tomorrow morning.

Where are you finding all this info? Link please:)

Charter list here:

http://www.louiscruises.com/en/charters

When you click Majesty, Olympia appears. Before, neither Majesty and Olympia links were working.

And all ships of Louis here:

http://www.louiscruises.com/en/cruise-ships/all-ships

Majesty now gone. :)

Thanks Sailaway.:) The first link seems OK now, but I see what you mean about the second one - 7 ships but only 6 listed:confused:

When you click on the first line, click on the '+ more info' underneath Thomson Majesty. Are you taken to Louis Olympia/ex-Destiny? Is it my computer? :confused:

We know that

Dream is sailing west med next summer

Celebration is sailing Turkey/greece next summer

Spirit is ex UK next summer

Majesty is meant to be Adriatic next summer

To me it would not make sense to pull Majesty from next summers itineries because that leaves no ship to fill that space.

If Escape is gone Thomson need a replacement for next summer.

I think the most logical option is for next summer use the Island Destiny.

When and if the 'new' ship arrives in 2014 it may replace the Celebration in Turkey or do the Adriatic. however there may be problems with basing a 'non greek' ship at corfu as happened some years ago when they tried to base Celebration there.

I think Destiny will replace Escape and mothball in winter like spirt/Escape.

Archived