Can't go on cruise what happens next?

jalee7

I would like to thank everyone that was actually helpful and answering my question. I was able to call RCI and they were very helpful. Because I bought the insurance, if I cancelled, I would get 75% of my money back.

Thks

You don't get 75 % back.

You get credit of 75% toward a future cruise to be taken within a year of the issue date

I'm afraid that RCI may have given you incorrect information. Based on the insurance information on the website and what the RCI rep told me, my understanding is that you would not have been given 75% of your money back. Instead, 75% of the non-refundable cruise cost would have been applied as credit towards a future cruise for the booked passengers.

You don't get 75 % back.

You get credit of 75% toward a future cruise to be taken within a year of the issue date

Sorry, but these statements are incorrect. The same thing happened to us ealier this year, and we received 75% of our cruise cost back in real $$ after we filed the claim with Cruise Care.

edited to add: BTW, we tried to get the 75% moved to our May, 2013 cruise, and were told specifically by RCL that could not be done.

Sorry, but these statements are incorrect. The same thing happened to us ealier this year, and we received 75% of our cruise cost back in real $$ after we filed the claim with Cruise Care.

edited to add: BTW, we tried to get the 75% moved to our May, 2013 cruise, and were told specifically by RCL that could not be done.

Same here for my Celebrity cruise Nov 2011. My partner had to cancel one week before the cruise and I cruised alone. We got back 75% of the non-refundable $$ in a check. I was pleasantly surprised.

Archived