Snorkeling with Sea Turtles on a Budget

emmtee

I had read on one of the Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean reviews that someone had taken a taxi to a beach in Barbados and then were approached by someone offering a snorkeling tour.

Has anyone else done this, and can you tell me which beach to go to, how much the taxi will cost (is it per person?) and how much the snorkeling tour might cost? We have a party of 5, 2 of whom really want to snorkel with the turtles (and shipwreck if possible) and one who really doesn't but will go along on the boat and just not snorkel. We'll be in Barbados next Wednesday, but we fly out on Friday night and I'd like to have at least a rough idea of what we're doing before we leave.

I haven't been, but have read that if you head to The Boatyard ($5 taxi ride or 20 minute walk) then $15 entry (gives you a chair, drink & return transport to the pier) there are ppl who offer snotrkelling with turtles for $20 or so. Hopefully someone who has been there can confirm this.

I have taken four different snorkeling excursions, with the turtles, but they were not in the area of The Boatyard.

I have been to the Boatyard, via taxi, from the cruise ship pier area. It is a very popular, lively beach setting. Great beach bar and activities. Watersports, beach volleyball,etc,.

Be careful, when arranging for a tour guide, with people on the street, IMO. As with many places, all people offering private tours, are not trustworthy. A Barbados resident, who frequently answers inquiries about his beloved island(on Cruise Critic), has cautioned people about this activity. Referring to some of them as nothing but "crooks."

As far as an "inexpensive" snorkel with the turtles excursions, what price range are you interested in?

There are some smaller excursion operators, that might fit your budget, and have great

reviews.

We ( me and my family) went to Harbour Lights which is on Carlisle Bay. It is the closest beach bar to the turtles and wrecks in Carlisle bay. Taxi $5 pp from the port, Turtle tour $20 pp, we went with Sean (yellow boat) very friendly good service... Rented 2 beach chairs and umbrella for $15. Great food ...had the jerk chicken :) they also had other items like flying fish, also had a lady cooking fresh curry rotis on the spot, my hubby had the roti said it was very good. Showers changing rooms etc ....nice day for sure...

We will be flying home from Barbados on our last day and the one thing I really wanted to do all week was swim with the turtles. Because it is our last day we can't really book with one if the big tours as we don't know when we will be off the ship and obviously need to get back for our flight. Do the well known organisers only do the early morning trip out to the turtles? Or are we likely to still get to do it later in the morning?

Was in Barbados last week. I have seen this question a lot and seems to not get answered or people go off topic.

We took a cab to Harbor Lights on Carlisle Bay and there were guys there offering snorkel tours (turtles, shipwrecks) for $25pp which included all equipment. Final answer. Beautiful Beach.

We will be flying home from Barbados on our last day and the one thing I really wanted to do all week was swim with the turtles. Because it is our last day we can't really book with one if the big tours as we don't know when we will be off the ship and obviously need to get back for our flight. Do the well known organisers only do the early morning trip out to the turtles? Or are we likely to still get to do it later in the morning?

We went with Shasa last year! It was amazing! saw about 9 turtles!!

I think it was around 9am or 10am that we started. Highly recomend them. We couldn't get them this year, so we are going with Stilleto. It is nice to go on a smaller one as you don't have so many people to bump into in the water.:)

Grab a cab .arrange to keep him for the day .go to .blue monkey onpayne beach

Find a little snorkeling oat on shore .Negotiate a deal to swimwith turtles

Get picked up by your cabaround lunchtime

Head to carlysle bay .Neville has a boat therec. I go to lobster pot nearboatyard

He will take you to wrecks

am planning this in Jan

Go enjoy

Archived