luggage

mkgwhite

Can you bring your own luggage to your room. My suitcase is a roller bag which is a little beigger than the ones you can carry on. I read some people wait for ever to get theirs. Also getting off they wait forever and the bags are in a large area and you have to hunt and wait for it? We are going on a 7 day cruise how many formal night are there? How many times do you dress up, as in a dress or skirt. Thanks

If your bag can fit through the airport size scanner, you can drag it on with you. but you will have to keep it with you until the rooms are ready, usually around 1:30p. Not sure if a 7 day has one or two elegant nights. But you can wear the same outfit both nights. If anyone raises an eyebrow, just tell them it's your favorite, you wear it as often as you can. EM

OP - all the 7 night cruises I have been on have two formal nights. And if you want to wear the same outfits both nights I don't think anyone pays attention to what someone else is wearing - at least I know I don't.

As for getting your luggage - we usually get our luggage before dinner which is fine with us. If you want carry a change of clothes (bathing suit, shorts etc.) do so in a carry on bag. Just remember what every you carry on the ship has to fit thru the scanner (airport carry on size) at embarkation and must stay with you until your stateroom is ready which is usually 1:30ish.

If you want to, at the end of your cruise you can carry all your belongings off with you. The procedure, meeting place and time will be in the Fun Times towards the end of your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Can you bring your own luggage to your room. My suitcase is a roller bag which is a little beigger than the ones you can carry on. I read some people wait for ever to get theirs. Also getting off they wait forever and the bags are in a large area and you have to hunt and wait for it? We are going on a 7 day cruise how many formal night are there? How many times do you dress up, as in a dress or skirt. Thanks

There will be 2 formal or in Carnival's case "cruise elegant" nights on a 7 day cruise. Carnival recommends that you dress up but it is not a requirement.

When we travel on Carnival, and we do travel a lot, we pack a large 4 wheel suitcase that we check with the porters. We also pack a medium suitcase, which is much larger than an airline carry on, that we do not check. We have been told at some ports by porters that we must check this bag. We always say we have carried on this bag many times before without a problem, because that is the truth. We almost always do self assist debarkation and carry all our own bags off.

Archived