Beers

jackdiamond

DH made quite a study of the beers at Michaels on Summit (would have tried more if the hours had been more amenable). He had no concerns with freshness; he did comment that the glasses should not have been chilled for most of the beers served. We found the prices pretty consistent with those at craft beer bars in the Chicago areas - you can't compare bar prices to those you pay in the grocery or liquor store for any type of alcohol.

On the Millie, My Michaels bartender Tomislav not only made sure my glasses were NOT chilled, but that I had the appropriate glass for the style I was drinking. Excellent bartender! :)

Brewed by Greene King of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

OK it is not up to the standard of Butcombe, Bath Ales etc but it is a darn sight better than Bud, Heineken etc.

The number of micro breweries in Britain has this year reached four figures - for the first time in my lifetime.

Now when will Michaels go that extra mile and have a decent micro brewery ale! Perhaps they could start with Sharps Doombar, a Cornish ale bought by Molsen Coors in the last year or so.:p

I love Doombar, they serve it in my local down here in South Wales. I could drink it all day, well maybe half a day until I fell over drunk..:D:D:eek::eek:

Thank you for the links. Are these beers sold by the glass or bottle/can?

I hope to see some Aussie Beer on the list for the Australian/New Zealand cruises.

Archived