Marks Tours

debnjoe1438

Could I get some information on Marks Tours by Mark Morris please. I'll take the Good, Bad & Ugly.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving.

We will be in Ochi in a little over a week, (sailing in on 12/6/12 on the Carnival Valor), and we plan to use Mark Morris once again. This is our 7th trip to Jamaica, so we haved some experience using several other options in the past. My family has found Mark Morris has a thorough knowledge of the area, he has a warm personality, and is willing to alow us the flexability to build a perfect day trip.

You do not have to worry about being "steered" towards the typical tourist attractions. Just tell him what you'd like to do and how much time that you would like to be there and he will make it happen.

Good luck with your research and Happy Sailing!:D

We will be in Ochi in a little over a week, (sailing in on 12/6/12 on the Carnival Valor), and we plan to use Mark Morris once again. This is our 7th trip to Jamaica, so we haved some experience using several other options in the past. My family has found Mark Morris has a thorough knowledge of the area, he has a warm personality, and is willing to alow us the flexability to build a perfect day trip.

You do not have to worry about being "steered" towards the typical tourist attractions. Just tell him what you'd like to do and how much time that you would like to be there and he will make it happen.

Good luck with your research and Happy Sailing!:D

Thank you

I used Mark back in May for Dunn's and river tubing from Falmouth. He was fantastic. There was only 2 of us on the tour. (thanks to him for not canceling on us!) He will cater his tour of the area to your interests. When I told him my interest in Native American history he went went into stories about Columbus and went out of the way to show us different things. When we told him we are Patriots fans, he started telling us about different NFL players from Jamaica!

Mark is a class act, you can't go wrong. He gave us plenty of advise for dealing with the vendors at Dunn's, which was quite helpful. We'll use him again if we're back in Jamaica.

Mark was accommodating to my husband and me during our tour. We showed up with everyone else for the tour and were supposed to pay right then. However, I thought hubby had the money and hubby did not understand he was supposed to get cash from the safe. Mark told us to not worry about reboarding to retrieve our payment, and we could settle up at the end of the day. Which we did.

We just got back from our cruise yesterday. We booked our tour in Jamaica with Mark Morris... http://www.markstours.com. Mark is fantastic!! The reviews below are correct. He will tailor your tour to whatever you are interested in, and will talk about what you are interested in...from the day to day lives of the Jamaicans, their government, schools, history, athletics, and whatever questions you ask he is ready to answer. You want to shop he'll take you...and go in with you and like make his presence known and that he is with you. He seems to be respected in Ocho Rios. He is personable, very friendly, has a great sense of humor..you'd love him!!

We took the Highlights Tour, but unfortunately because of the rain either the day before or two days before we got there, the roads were too messy to go through Fern Gully. Hopefully next time we are there we will be able to see it.

We climbed the falls and made it to the top!!! Well 4 of us started out and 3 of us finished....we lost one of our group on the first exit!!! Lol. We climbed the falls without a guide...I think it would have bee much safer and easier had we asked about going with a guide. This is something you might want to inquire about if you book with Mark. Our tour $ paid for our entrance into the Falls but I never thought to ask about a guide. There are rocks that are scored that make it easier for your water shoes to grab on to. We didn't find this out until half way up the Falls!!! But we did it!!!!

Definitely book with Mark, you won't be disappointed that's for sure!!!

• 4 months later...

Mark Morris absolutely terrific! I wouldn't even consider using anyone besides him. Seriously, if you can get this guy booked just do it.

He gave us a tremendous perspective on Jamaica, the history, the culture and took us to some truly incredible places as well.

His English is better than 99% of people in the US and he is an incredibly personable and classy guy. He took our family group (12 total -- 6 adults and 6 kids) on a day we'll never forget and within 5 minutes was addressing everyone by their first name. His bus is incredibly clean and well maintained too. The kids had a blast and he really sparked the kid's interest too. In fact, he even scored them a gig playing in a reggae band at Dunn's River Falls too!

Great Tour given by a great guy, don't miss this one.

Edited by DeanD91868

You cannot go wrong with Mark.

He will go shopping with you in the shops to get you the best deal possible and will not let you get taken advantage of.

He is well respected, you can tell. None of the "pushers" will bother you when they see you are with Mark.

We did the Dunn's River Falls / Island tour with Mark.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to add another review for Mark! Best tour we have ever done anywhere! We also did the island tour/Dunns Falls and went to Scothcies for lunch after and did some shopping. We will definitely be using him again in Jamaica!