cinnamon bay question

Is there anything in Cinnamon Bay besides the campground? Is there access to any beaches without staying at the campground? I have checked yahoo for Cinnamon Bay but not much comes up except for the campgrounds.

Cinnamon Bay was recommended to me for less crowded beautiful beaches but don't know how to go about getting to a beach.

Any help is appreciated :)

Bill

All the beaches in the Virgin Islands have public access and this includes Cinnamon Bay. The campground there looks pretty nice and has a restaurant and convenience store that beachgoers can use too. We went to Cinnamon Bay earlier this month and I have some photos of it here:

http://lrichters.photosite.com/vibeaches/cinnamon/

It's easy to get there: when you get to St. John, have a cab driver take you to Cinnamon Bay. When you step off the cab, look for some buildings. These buildings will be the camp reception office, restaurant, and convenience store. Walk toward them and you'll notice a dirt path/road to your right. Just walk down that dirt road/path for about 3 minutes and you'll be at the beach. :) Your cab driver can also direct you.

We just did Cinnamon Bay about 3 weeks ago and would recommend it without a doubt. Most of the morning we had a wide spot of land to ourselves and at the end of the beach, there was no one. There were facilities available that were decent and a little shop/snack stand, but we didnt check them out too closely. I think it was $4.50pp to get there from the ferry dock. When we left there was a cab waiting to take you back to port. We had to wait about 5 mins to get some more people, but the day spent there was well worth it.

You can visit the beach and spend time there. Also across the parking lot for the beach/campground is the remains of the Cinnamon Bay Plantation - there are trails with signs pointing out interesting stuctures and plants - you could do that as well for a bit. The trail is pretty flat, easy to do.

--Islander

We went to Cinnamon Bay and also Trunk Bay. They are right next to each other and you can hop on a Trolley and go from one to the other in a matter of minutes. I really liked Trunk Bay much better. I enjoyed the little coral island there. Both are beautiful. We did take the hiking trail from Cinnamon Bay. It was very scenic at the top. We were told we could easily hop a taxi at the end of the trail as it led out to a major highway. This was a little misleading and we ended up hitching a ride back to the ferry. St. Johns is a very gorgeous island. I would buy my own snorkel gear for $10 at Walmart and take it with you. I can't believe people pay the high prices to rent snorkel gear. Its usually of low quality, who knows how clean it is, and it is expensive to rent this very cheap item. I take mine along at all times. It doesn't take up much room and never have to worry about finding a place to rent it or not having it when I need it.

Archived