Driving to Port Everglades

Hi, all... I'm new here. I'll be driving a rental car from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale for a July 3 sailing of the Celebrity Century. Can anyone tell me the procedure for embarking. We were thinking about leaving Philly in enough time that we can be in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday night, then just spending the night at a nearby hotel. Are there rental places at the port or do we have to return our car at the airport and then cab it over to the port. I would appreciate insight from anyone who's done it this way before. Thank you. Meg

Hi, I haven't rented a car before but I do know the airport and the port are only 5-10 minutes away from each other.

I drove down last year and stayed at Amerisuites. They have complimentary parking for the weekicon_smile.gif...you can leave your car there!

( I drove my own car).

They also have a shuttle to and from the port.

You can probably just drop your car at the airport...and pick up a cab. The hotels along 17th Street are near the port and the airport.

The cab fare runs between 5.00-10.00.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Most of the FLL airport rental car agencies have a free shuttle to/from the port. We rented from Hertz in March and dropped the car off the the Hertz airport location. The Hertz location is not "at" the airport but is nearby -- they have excellent signage pointing the way for all of the rental car agencies. The shuttle was free and ran about every 15 minutes. Have fun!

Thanks for all the info, folks. We gave in a decided to fly. Amazingly, we were able to get RT airfare from Philly for $165 pp. I was shocked. Flying out Friday morning then staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. It'll be nice to have a day to chill after the flight and then make our way leisurely to the dock for out Century sailing!

Archived