Private tour suggestions

Sandoo

I was wondering whether any of you have planned your own touring of Jamaica and what tour group did you use? I'd like feedback on who is the most reasonably priced, the most flexible in helping you plan and the most reliable. Thanks in advance!

We used Marva Shaw last time and we have booked again with her in March. She did a great job of taking us where we wanted to go and customizing a day for us. Her suggestions were spot on. Can't recommend her enough!

Here is her contact info:

http://knowjamaica.com/

If you don't like one of the tours on the site just contact her and she will do whatever you want.

We've used Marva Shaw numerous times, and have never had a problem. Our most recent trip was a "private" tour for my family of 22. She met us in Falmouth, then took us to Ocho Rios for a day of Dunn's River Falls, tubing down the White River, lunch at a local restaurant, and a few miscellaneous stops. We had a blast, and couldn't have been happier. Marva and her son run a professional business and will do whatever it takes to keep you happy.

We just retuned from the western Caribbean yesterday. We booked our tour with Mark Morris. http://www.markstours.com. He was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and very articulate!! He told us he can accommodate a group as large as 25. There were only 4 of us but he spent just as much time with us as he would have if we were a large group. He was great!!

Now the only thing I did not like was not completely understanding about climbing the falls. Our tour with Mark included our entrance into Dunn's River Falls but we never thought to ask about a guide for the actual climb. We did climb it ourselves...and finished it, but had a couple little bitty mishaps along the way. I don't think we would have had these if we would have bee with a guide on the Falls. There are certain rocks that have been scored to make it easier for your feet to grip on and we didn't find this out until half way up the Falls. Just make sure you inquire about a Falls guide.

Just to let you know though....we had a blast climbing!!!!

Archived