This is Crazy!! Any Advice?

I am booked on the Breeze 12/22/2012 sailing. We have had some rate drops, but not anything substantial. I am currently booked in an 8D category under early saver and then the military rate fell lower than early saver, which we qualified for. I have been waiting for the rates to drop in order to slide into an 8S (spa balcony).

When the rates fell a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go ahead and call this past weekend. Anyways, long story short, I was told I couldn't do that. I could only upgrade to an 8E!! She said I could upgrade to a suite, but not a spa balcony? How crazy is this? It should be noted that there are no remaining suites on this sailing, so I don't know if this is true or not, but I tend to believe it's either incorrect or it's all about MONEY! :mad:

Have you ever heard of such? Is there someone that I can call to get accurate information? I would really like to talk with John Heald about this, but I am sure he gets tons of emails and doesn't have time for my problem. But I know he could get the correct answer for me.

Thank you.

Rita

Is this a paid upgrade (i.e. are you paying extra for it) or is it an ES upgrade (due to that price dropping to the same price you paid). If its ES upgrade, I think you have to fill out the form. I have not done an upgrade with ES, just OBC, so I am not positive but there is a place to select upgrade.

If you are paying extra, I would call back and talk to someone else. Until you get the answer you want. I have not heard of that, usually they love to take your money. Not saying there is not some special rule about Spa balconies that I do not know about, but it sounds strange to me. I have been able to pay to upgrade before.

Hopefully someone who has been in your situation will come along.

I am booked on the Breeze 12/22/2012 sailing. We have had some rate drops, but not anything substantial. I am currently booked in an 8D category under early saver and then the military rate fell lower than early saver, which we qualified for. I have been waiting for the rates to drop in order to slide into an 8S (spa balcony).

When the rates fell a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go ahead and call this past weekend. Anyways, long story short, I was told I couldn't do that. I could only upgrade to an 8E!! She said I could upgrade to a suite, but not a spa balcony? How crazy is this? It should be noted that there are no remaining suites on this sailing, so I don't know if this is true or not, but I tend to believe it's either incorrect or it's all about MONEY! :mad:

Have you ever heard of such? Is there someone that I can call to get accurate information? I would really like to talk with John Heald about this, but I am sure he gets tons of emails and doesn't have time for my problem. But I know he could get the correct answer for me.

Thank you.

Rita

Fill out the ES form an request an upgrade to the 8S cabin. If the 8S cabin is less expensive that what you are paying now for the 8D, request the balance in an OBC in the comment section. This can be done, I have done it before.

Fill out the ES form an request an upgrade to the 8S cabin. If the 8S cabin is less expensive that what you are paying now for the 8D, request the balance in an OBC in the comment section. This can be done, I have done it before.

I did exactly that and it was ignored, so I called and they said no.

Crazy, isn't it?

Is this a paid upgrade (i.e. are you paying extra for it) or is it an ES upgrade (due to that price dropping to the same price you paid). If its ES upgrade, I think you have to fill out the form. I have not done an upgrade with ES, just OBC, so I am not positive but there is a place to select upgrade.

If you are paying extra, I would call back and talk to someone else. Until you get the answer you want. I have not heard of that, usually they love to take your money. Not saying there is not some special rule about Spa balconies that I do not know about, but it sounds strange to me. I have been able to pay to upgrade before.

Hopefully someone who has been in your situation will come along.

The rate has fallen lower than my original rate. If I were to upgrade, it would be a no money exchange with $77.00 remaining onboard credit. But I have offered to pay the difference and leave my onboard credit alone and it seems that they are not hearing me. I did try the form also and they totally ignored my request for an upgrade and gave me the onboard credit instead, so that is when I called and this came from a supposed supervisor. When I mentioned paying for the upgrade, she quoted me the most expensive rate at this time which is fun select, which is approximately an additional $1,000.00 or so. I qualify for all of the promotional rates. She said they would be giving me the spa room if I were allowed to upgrade. They wouldn't be giving me anything! I've already paid them well over $4,000.00!!

Thanks for your input though.

Rita

Its something about the spa rooms n early saver. I tried to get obc cause it fell below what I paid. They said I could do upgrade but had to give up spa room, but couldnt get obc n the rate was lower than I paid. I just left it alone. Too many rules with es. Good Luck.

I took your advice and called Carnival again. I spoke with someone different and explained what was going on. I told her I was willing to pay for the upgrade and keep my onboard credit. She was able to contact guest services and get my request approved. So I paid $60.00 to upgrade from an 8D to an 8S and kept my $127.44 onboard credit!! It's going to be a great cruise!!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Rita

I took your advice and called Carnival again. I spoke with someone different and explained what was going on. I told her I was willing to pay for the upgrade and keep my onboard credit. She was able to contact guest services and get my request approved. So I paid $60.00 to upgrade from an 8D to an 8S and kept my $127.44 onboard credit!! It's going to be a great cruise!!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Rita

Good deal. I have gotten different answers from different people at Carnival too. Sometimes persistence pays off, especially for something you really want. Enjoy. :D

Archived