Caribbean Princess room choice- help!

girlsandpop

We just booked a cruise on Carribean Princess to the British Isles. It is expensive for us, so I want to make sure we make a good room choice! Right now we are on the Plaza deck- a busy deck they say, and near the wine bar/room, but midship. We can upgrade from a window to a balcony but we would be very hear the elevators toward the back of the ship- Aloha deck. I guess I'm most concerned with noise. Our last cruise we had a quiet room and my daugher, a few doors down, heard a lot of music at night from a bar below her. We don't want that experience- especially for an expensive trip! Would it be a disadvantage being close to the elevators reguarding noise or traffic? Or is it better to be on a "busy" deck but three doors down from the wine bar area? We are in a room for three people so we have more limitied choices. Any suggestions would helpful.

As far as noise goes, I think you will be fine on Plaza deck. Vines is not a noisy bar, and whatever entertainment happens in the Piazza is usually over shortly after 11pm. However, you should understand that in your cabin on Plaza, the third person will sleep in a bunk that is attached to the side wall (The heads or your beds will be under the window) and when not in use, the bunk extends from the wall about 8". In the balcony cabin, the bunk drops down from the ceiling. Noise in that area would not be from the elevators, but from people getting off of them and chattering as they make their way to their cabins. EM

Ok, so I decided for only $300 to upgrade to a balcony on the Aloha deck. I hope I made the right choice. This deck, the one above and the one below are all rooms, so it should be quiet, but we will be very near the elevator/stairs. They will be the ones located at the back of the ship, so maybe less traffic? Hope it is ok???

Archived