The Copenhagen Card

Has anyone been able to purchase the Copenhagen Card and receive it prior to flying, either on-line or from a T.A.? :confused:

I have e-mailed the 2 U.S.A. companies on the Wonderful Copenhagen website to enquire. :D

On the City Cards website, you can pay for it now, but you have to pick it up in CPH. :eek:

I want to get it Before I arrive (along with the book, to know what all it covers - the website is vague).

There is the 24-hour Card (29 Euros) and the 72-hour Card (57 Euros). :cool:

Kathy was able to pre-purchase the Stockholm Cards and she will receive them shortly.

Princess Di, have you found this web site: www.woco.dk/tourist/what_to_see_and_do/copenhagen_card/what's_included? I believe it is accurate on what the Copenhage Card covers, and does a good job describing the attractions with fees, location, hours, etc. Also, the Copehnagen Card is valid beginning from when you first take advantage of it's benefit. For example, if you use it at 3 PM on a Monday, and using the 24 hour card, the card will be valid up to 3 PM Tuesday. I am assuming this you may have already knew, but just wanted to share that I think this web site has as complete information as you're going to find.

Have fun in Wonderful Copenhagen,

Steve

Princess Di,

Are you getting the Stockholm Card? I think I'll get the Copenhagen Card myself becasue I believe it will save on some money. But with the Stockholm Card, I've been wondering what all I can fit in our short day there that will make it economical. I was wondering if you can share what you plan to see and do in Stockholm using the Stockholm Card? Thanks,

Steve

Yes, Kathy (in Oz) has already ordered our Stockholm Cards on 17 May so she will have them next week and will send mine to USA.

We figured that just the train ride and the Vasa entrance ($12) would pay for it. ;)

So I also just ordered one Copenhagen Card. I shall keep you posted on when I receive it and how the venues covered strike me. :cool:

Steve, are you going to order one or both of them, or wait for my report? :confused:

the Copenhagen card at the airport.

Buying the card at the airport....wouldn't that be easier than buying it ahead and wait for them to mail it to you?

Just wondering whether anyone has bought the card at the airport?

Do you know how much of a discount the Copenhagen Card gives you on the double-decker hop-on-hop-off bus? Do you know if it is a good way to see the city (I have 1 day pre-cruise)?

I had previously written to this company, and although I can't totally recall their reply, I believe the discount was 20% off. Here is their email address that you can ask them to confirm: info@paaskebus.dk and their web site is: http://www.sightseeing.dk Is it a good way to see the city? Copenhagen is a great city, but despite being a Capital city, it's not really that big. Or, I should say that most of the attractions easy to walk to. I think it's a matter of personal choice of riding to attractions vs. walking. For myself, I'd prefer to walk as I feel I get a better sence of the city. Plus, the attractions are kind of sequential. For example, you can start at say Tivoli, then walk to Radhuspladsen (the town square), then to Stroget (the shopping pedestrian street), then to Nyhavn, take a canal tour, then go to Amalinenborg, the little mermaid, and backtrack a little to Rosenborg Castle. Plus there are a few things to see and do along the way such as walking up the Round Tower. You don't have to do things in that order, but I was just describing that one attraction follows the other as you walk. So, if you're able to walk, I feel this would be the better way to see the city, but this is just my personal opinion. I am sure the hop on/off bus could be fun too.

Steve, are you going to order one or both of them, or wait for my report? :confused:

Princess Di, when are you traveling? I am going on the July 24 cruise and I'd love to read your report, especially if you're sailing before me.

For the Copenhagen Card, I think it will definately save us money. I'll be in Copenhagen several days early, and as I compare cost of what I want to see and do, the Copenhagen Card will be a good deal.

However, I am a still debating if the Stockholm Card would also be a savings for us. I read that there is a 24 hr. transportation card for 95 Swedish Kroner, so I figure that would be our cost for roundtrip transportation to Stockholm. We want to visit the Vasa Museum which is 80 SEK, and City Hall is I believe 60 SEK. These attractions add up to 235 SEK which is less than the 260 SEK cost of the Stockholm Card. If we had more time in Stockholm, we could see and do more, and probably save with the Stockholm Card. I would like to visit Skansen, and that cost 70 SEK which would make the Card a savings. However, with our limited time, I am uncertain if we can do all that we want to do, and save with the Card.

So I was hoping others could share how they plan to use and save with the Stockholm Card.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you for that helpful Itinerary. I arrive at the airport at 3:30 and plan to take the train to the Main Train Station and then a cab to the Marriott. I was thinking of doing the hop-on/hop-off that first afternoon - just riding around to get my bearings - too tired from the flight to hop off. However, it may be too late in the day to do this.

Kathy, Dennis, and Susan arrive from Oz at 7:30 a.m. the next day and will also be dead from their Round the World Flight, so they would do well to veg out on the h-o/h-o bus. I guess if I have to pay for it twice (not free with The Card) - then that's not very bright of me.

So, Steve, starting from the Marriott at 4:30, what Itinerary (walking or bus) would you suggest for me for Day 1? Day 2? We board on Day 3.

How about Tivoli - Free or Discount?

MERELA, HI,

I don't know why you think that "buying the card at the airport would be easier." To me, it is easier to buy all that I can before arrival (currency, guides, etc.) so that I am prepared. I am very impatient at cueing up and wasting good sight-seeing time when I can plan ahead.

The point (as described in Post #1) is that I want to plan my Itinerary before I leave LAX and the Guide Book that comes with the card in the mail will help me do this. It is too late (for me) to start reading a book and planning an Itinerary while standing with my luggage in the Airport. Does that make sense?

So, Steve, starting from the Marriott at 4:30, what Itinerary (walking or bus) would you suggest for me for Day 1? Day 2? We board on Day 3.

How about Tivoli - Free or Discount?

Yes, Tivoli is covered with the Copenhagen card, and is free according to the Copenhagen Card web site.

Princess Di, seems like your itinerary is simular to my own. We too Arrive in Copenhagen in the afternoon, at 2:45 PM, and will also be staying at the Marriott. I had debated whether to take the train, or a taxi. I can't wait to get started in Copenhagen and am anxious to get to the hotel, then out to the city. With the trains departing the airport every 10 min., the train seems like it would be as quick, or quicker than a taxi, and cheaper. It's only a 13 min. ride from the airport station to the Central station. With the savings using the Copenhagen Card, it doesn't make sence to take a taxi from the airport. The Marriott is only a 5-8 min. walk from the Central train station. I've not decided whether to walk it with luggage, or take a taxi. Depending on our luggage situation, I may try to walk it, unless it's raining.

When do you sail?

Like you, I have the following full day to explore Copehagen, and part of the next day, which is also the day we sail. Following is a kind of itinerary of what we might hope to accomplish. I am sure I may revise an activity here or there, but for the most part, it represents what we want to accomplish.

Friday, July 22, 2005 - Copenhagen

Arrive Copenhagen Kastrup Airport

Go to Nyhavn by water taxi, get off at Gammel Strand (Water Taxi stops at the Marriott)

Take the harbor canal tour from Gammel Strand

Dinner at Bøf & øst, Peder Oxe, or Tivoli

9:00 PM Night Watchman tour in front of Peder Oxe (If we’re not too tired.)

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - Copenhagen

Go to Rosenborg Palace via København H & S-tog to Norreport Station

Tour Rosenborg

Walk to Amalienborg

Tour Amalienborg palace museum

Watch Changing of the Guard at Amalienborg

Take Metro from Kongens Nytorv to Christianshavn Station then walk do Vor Frelsers Kirke (Our Savior’s Church)

Return to Kongens Nytorv station to walk down Strøget

Go up Round Tower

Shopping on Strøget

Christainborg Palace tour

Continue down Strøget

S-Tog to Klampenborg

Deer Park & Bakken & Carriage ride through Deerpark (if not too expensive)

S-Tog back to Copenhagen

Return to Hotel

Tivoli & Dinner

Sunday, July 24, 2005 – Copenhagen

Tour of Frederiksborg Castle, Fredensborg Palace, beach at Tisvildeleje, and two homes where I lived.

Rent car

Drive to Hellerup 7 miles, 15 min. by car.

(maybe drive by Church, and stop at Little Mermaid)

Arrive Hellerup at 16 Niels Andersonsvej

Visit Kildegard Gymnasium

Drive to Frederiksværk – 37 miles, 45 min.

Depart to Tisvildeleje – 7 miles, 15 min.

Arrive in Tisvildeleje – Have Breakfast

Depart to Hillerød – 14 miles, 26 min.

Arrive in Hillerød & Tour Federiksborg Castle

Drive to Fredensborg Palace – 5 miles, 10 min.

Tour of Fredensborg Castle Castle –(English tour at 1:45 & 2:30 for Orangery)

Drive to Klampenborg 22 miles, 32 min tour Deer park/Bakken if didn't do on Sat.

Drive to Hotel

Taxi to Star Princess at Orientkai, Frihavn port

Dinner

9:00 PM Ship Sails

After we return, the Star arrives in Copenhagen on a Tuesday at 1 PM. I am hoping to take the train to Roskilde and visit the Viking museum, and the Roskilde Cathederal. The next day, we plan to visit Helsingor and go to the Kronborg Castle, then maybe take a ferry to Helsingor, Sweden, and take the train down to Malmo, and cross the Oresund bridge back into Stockholm.

As you can see in our itinerary, I plan to rent a car which the Marriott has arranged for me. Normally, a car is not needed, but I want to show my parents where I used to live, and with all that I want to accomplish, on the day we sail no less, a car will be quicker. Otherwise, on the day we sail, I might have taken the train to Hillerod to visit Frederiksborg Castle, then continue on via train to Helingor to visit Kronborg Castle, then back in Copenhagen with I believe plenty of time to retrieve our luggage and board the Star before dinner. Also, we plan to visit Fredensborg Palace becasue it is one of the Queen's residences which is only open in July for taking tours, and only on certain days. For my dates of travel, Sunday was the only option when the Palace was open.

Hope what I plan to do may help you with your planning. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I used to live in Copenhagen as an exchange student and feel somewhat confident in being familiar with Denmark and it's great attractions.

Enjoy Copenhagen,

Steve

Steve,

I arrive in CPH on 31 August and we sail on 2 September. Sorry, you will be reporting to me - you give such good information. I love your telling of the Olden Days when you were there in school.

I will have 3 post-cruise days - 12, 13, 14, fly on 15 September.

I am a freak for gardens, Palaces and Castles so plan to take the train, alone, to see these after the cruise.

Kathy, Dennis, and Susan will go right from the ship to the Airport to fly to London to visit with Relatives for a week before going home to Sydney.

I am saving your Itinerary to modify. I knew that the Marriott overlooks the Canal because they advertise that on their website; however, I didn't realize that the Marriott was accessed by the water taxis. I think that a fine idea for my first afternoon also.

After I receive my Copenhagen Card and Guidebook, along with your above Itinerary, I'll let you know about mine.

I may be so tired when I arrive that I will just fall over into bed. I get so excited on the plane that I just walk around and talk to the Attendants and don't sleep. I only sit in my seat to eat or sleep or when they make me for takeoff and landing.

Don't walk with your luggage. You will ruin your wheels on the cobblestones. I didn't make my pickup in San Pedro go get the car out of the parking lot and, instead, dragged my luggage and ruined the wheels (it WAS cheap luggage).

We have plenty of walking to do (without luggage) so just take a taxi from train station to the Marriott. Or walk, if you want. Let me know what you do. I'll pray for your wheels.

The exchange of information here is very much appreciated. I keep singing the song.

Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen. Do you know where I can get the CD? Maybe in Copenhagen. Can't find it on Amazon.

I always get the Stockholm card when I go to Sweden. It is not only good for entrance fees but also for saving time in that you don't have to line up to buy an entrance, just show the card. Also, so easy for transportation, just show it instead of having exact change.

When you have the card, you might feel more up to just going somewhere for a little bit, hopping in and out, staying for a few minutes. If it is not a place that you care for, no worries, you didn't "pay" to get in.

Just my 2 cents.

We ordered the Stockholm, Oslo and London Cards (we're staying in London prior to the cruise). We received them quite quickly. The Stockholm and Oslo cards were in our hands in about 5 working days...

I see you also like to plan early. :D

I am so glad they come quickly. I order so many things on line that I have to keep track of when to look out for their arrival. :eek:

The Stockholm Card seems to be taking a lot longer to get to Oz. Kathy ordered it for us on 17 May. ;)

She should receive it any time. Maybe I will receive the Copenhagen Card first.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on your Jewel.

Please post a review upon your return. Thanks! :D

Princess Di/Donna,

We also ordered the Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo cards...Received them within 7-10 days...The booklets that are included are very helpful with infos on each site on a separate page. Agree with post by Greta above...; time in ports is so precious, it is better to use it to enjoy the sites!

Also ordered tickets for admission to Windsor castle and Tower of London and received them as we are staying pre-cruise in London...

For Helsinki, since we have a full day there, we might buy the cards when we get there...

Kim

P.S. Like you, we also find the DVD by John Lawrence very helpful for the planning of the cruise! Wondering whether he is on other cruises besides the Baltic one...We might do the Tahitian Princess for X-mas...

My daughter and I came back from Tahitian Princess in September, last year. If you love the small ships, as I do, this one is just exquisite and the Islands are true paradise. We enjoyed the 4x4 tours on most of the islands.

Thanks for the information on the Cards. I am going to have Kathy ask about where our Stockholm Cards are, especially if I get the Copenhagen first (which I just ordered yesterday).

I didn't think the Helsinki Card necessary since the Star Princess is Ported close in and most of it is just walking.

If you go to their website, you can order their package of brochures.

www.hel.fi/tourism

They were fast in arriving (by International postal standards). The brochures had wonderful maps detailing 4 different walking tours.

I just checked my Helsinki file. I had sent them an e-mail (not through the website). Use this address:

tourist.info@hel.fi

Your pre-cruise in London sounds exciting also. My daughter is staying there pre-cruise before her transatlantic in September on the Grand.

When I was e-mailing with John Lawrence, he actually remembered Annmarie. She was with him for 3 Back-to-Backs on the Regal.

Now, I understand that John choses to do Only the Baltics as that is his favourite. I usually do not pay very much attention to the CD because they just seem like another part of the entertainment staff.

However, I know we will still be asking a lot of questions of John on board so I am looking forward to meeting him.

Hi Princess Di,

Out of curiosity, I had emailed the Copenhagen Tourist Information site about how to use the Copenhagen Card for boarding transportation. I had asked if you needed to show the card at a ticket booth, or if you simly show the card when/if a train conductor ask for a ticket. Their reply was "You just show the card if the controller asks for it. You can just board the train, bus, waterbus, or S-train and regional train."

I wondered if this might be the case buy was not sure. Also, although the trains do have conductors to check tickets, not every train will have a ticket checker. When I used to travel on the s-tog train, and the regional trains, tickets were seldom checked, especially on the s-tog.

You may have noticed that their reply indicated the Copenhagen Card can be used on the Water Bus. This seems convenient as the Water Bus makes a stop at the Marriott Hotel. However, I am skeptical about this, as this is not mentioned on the web site. Also, I believe I had written the canal tour/water bus for information on what discount the Copenhagen Card provides, and I think the reply was that there is a 20% discount on the Canal Tour, and no discount on the water bus. I have sent off another email to verify. So, unless things have changed this year to allow the Copenhagen Card to be used on the Water Bus, I am assuming this is an error, and that the Card is not valid on the Water Bus. I should get a reply, and will get back with you on this.

Also, I had emailed the Rosenborg Castle and asked them what the CC provides for a discount. Regular admission is 65 Danish Kroners, but witht he CC, admission is 40 DKK, so you save 25 DKK. 40 DKK is also the same admission for Seniors. So, if anyone is a senior, the CC may not be a savings here.

Steve

Hi, Steve,

I was certainly delighted to know that I can train it to all those Castles (from the above e-mail I received). :cool:

I know that in Venice, there are the Water Taxis and the Water Bus (Vaporetti). The Water Taxis were free with the Taxi Card; however, the Water TAXIS are like Private Taxis and were costly. We did use a Water Taxi - arranged by the Concierge the night before (he pulled right up to the Canal Hotel Door) to get to the Venice Airport, leaving the Hotel at 3 a.m. :eek:

I e-mailed the Marriott Concierge, Jakob, to ask about the Water Taxi schedules and rates. I guess I should have also asked about Water BUSES. It takes him a couple of days to get back to me so I'll let you know what Jakob says. :D

I e-mailed the Marriott Concierge, Jakob, to ask about the Water Taxi schedules and rates. I guess I should have also asked about Water BUSES. It takes him a couple of days to get back to me so I'll let you know what Jakob says. :D [/b]

I believe Copenhagen only has the water bus, no water taxi. Here is the link to the water bus site which has links to where the water bus stops, and the scheduled times. http://www.canaltours.com There is an english link and a link to both the Canal tour, and the water bus stops and times.

Looks like the water bus stops at the Marriott at 12 and 30 minutes after each hour. I think you would want to take the 30 min. hour bus as the 12 min bus goes on to one other stop, then goes back to the Marriott, then continues on with it's route. So, if you were to take the 12 min after the hour bus, you'll simply be coming right back in 18 min.

Also, the last bus for the evening departs the Marriott at 5:30 PM, or, if youu're at say Nyhavn, and want to get back to the Marriott, then the last water buss arrives at the Marriott at about 5:30 PM too. No big deal if you miss the water bus, you see so much more with walking, and it's never really a long walk anyhow.

Steve

I was certainly delighted to know that I can train it to all those Castles (from the above e-mail I received). :cool: [/b]

Yes, the rail system in Denmark is wonderful. Between the trains, and busses, there's no where you can't go. I recommend taking the train from Copenhagen to Hillerod to visit Frederiksborg Castle. It's the most beautiful castle in the Kingdom of Denmark. There is also a Baroque garden there too. When you're finished there, you can take a bus to Fredensborg Castle. This is one of the Queen's primary residences, and only in July are there tours. But, you are free to walk about the gardens. Then, you can take the bus back to Hillerod, then the train to Helsingor to visit Kronborg castle. After touring Kronborg, you can take the train back down to Copehagen. You might want to stop off at Klampenborg, there is a park, forest, right by the station, including the world's oldest amusement park, Bakken, which has a free entrance. There are also hourse carriage rides you can hire. Also, the park is called Deer Park, and you will see beautiful deer wandering around.

Have you checked out the posting titled "Wonderful Copehagen?" http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=120370 A lot of this information I have covered in more detail at this site.

I remember you saying you look forward to seeing castles and Gardens. In Denmark, you will find many. There's Rosenborg in Copenhagen which also has a lovely garden area. Also in Copenhagen there is Amalienborg, which is the other primary residence of the Queen. It kind of reminds me of Buckingham Palace, but without the gate and fencing. Also, at noon, there is the changing of the guard which could be fun to watch. Maybe you'll be lucky and get to see the Queen or Crown Prince. The Danes love their Royal family. The Crown Prince, Frederick, was married last year to a woman from Australia. They met at the Olympics in Sydney. Again, the Royal family in Denmark are very popular, and they are a warm and friendly family. Did you know the Danish Monarchy is the oldest monarchy.

Also in Copenhagen there is Christainborg palace which is acutally the house of government, but there are tours there in English. Outside of Copenhagen, you have Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerod, Fredensborg Palace just a little outside of Hillerod, and finally Kronborg in Helsingor. There is also a large manor house in Deer park at Klampenborg, but there is no access to the public.

Steve

Hi, Steve,

I sure wish we were on the same sailing. It seems we think a lot alike. :cool:

Actually, on May 4, I had found this website and copied everything into my File entitled: Canal Tour _ WaterBus. I just never printed it out to study it.

At that time, I had not reserved the Copenhagen Marriott and did not realize that this Hotel is one of the stops. ;)

Now that I have printed it, I can figure out my Itinerary. I can always take the bus back to the Marriott if I am passing out on my first day of arrival. :eek:

Thank you, so much, for all your help. I am sure our conversations have also helped others. :D

Swdke

Unforunately, things at home have prevented us from really planning this trip the way I really like to. I could us some advise as you seem to reallt know this city.

We arrive on Wed around 2 p.m. and leave on Sast morning at 8 to head to Dover via Heathrow to pick up our cruise ship..( the reason we are doing some extra time in Copenhagen is thatour cruise ship now only stops for 1/2 a day...not enought time to really see anything)

What would be the right order to see the various sites on how to we get to the various Castle's etc.

Many thanks

Norma

you can e-mail me at jezzdogg@aol.com if yo wish. One last thing, as the Marriot is fully booked we are down to choosing between the First Hotel Vestrebro or the Hotel Guldsmesen(sic) which in your opinion is a better choice

Swdke

Unforunately, things at home have prevented us from really planning this trip the way I really like to. I could us some advise as you seem to reallt know this city.

We arrive on Wed around 2 p.m. and leave on Sast morning at 8 to head to Dover via Heathrow to pick up our cruise ship..( the reason we are doing some extra time in Copenhagen is thatour cruise ship now only stops for 1/2 a day...not enought time to really see anything)

What would be the right order to see the various sites on how to we get to the various Castle's etc.

Many thanks

Norma

you can e-mail me at jezzdogg@aol.com if yo wish. One last thing, as the Marriot is fully booked we are down to choosing between the First Hotel Vestrebro or the Hotel Guldsmesen(sic) which in your opinion is a better choice

First, with the hotels, I have never stayed at any Danish hotel. I lived in a Danish home in the Copenhagen area, in Hellerup, and unfortunately am not familiar with hotels. Although I do recall seeing the SAS Radison hotels and they always looked nice to me. But for the hotels you mentioned, have you tried looking up reviews on tripadvisor.com ? Do a seach of these hotels and this site, and maybe there will be reviews to help you.

For what to see and do in Copenhagen, be sure to check out the "Wonderful Copenhagen" message board on this Cruise Critic site, it has a lot of good information.

But briefly, if I were to arrive at 2 PM, which I am practically doing on my own trip this summer, I'd start touring the city after checking into your hotel. You could simply take a walk down stroget, walk by the town square at Radhuse pladsen. Also, inside the Radus, town hall, you can visit an astromonical clock. It's someting to do and does not take much time. You could also take a canal tour. For myself, I'd like to take in as much sights as possible, even on the day of arrival. Granted, we'll be exhausted from the flights, but there's just so much to see and do. Plus, I don't think you're supposed to go to bed early when you travel to start helpling you adjust to the time zone. So, I'd probaly walk down stroget and eventually take a canal tour for the first day.

The next day, you could tour Copenhagen. The hightlights of Copenhagen are: Radhus Pladsen (town hall and square), shopping on Stroget (pedestrian street), Canal tour, Round Tower, Christainborg Palace (tours at 11pm, 1 pm and 3 PM), walking along Nyhavn, Amalienborg palace (queens residence), Little Mermaid, and Rosenborg Palace. There are additional sights and addtractions, these are just the highlights. Fortunately, getting to all these attractions can be done by walking, and for the most part, are sequential in order as you travel/walk from one to the other. In the evening, you can do Tivoli, or save for your next night.

On your next day, you could do tour the areas outside of Copenhagen. First, head to Hillerod by S-tog (train) to visit Frederiksborg castle. It's only about a 40 min. ride. After touring Frederiksborg, you could take a bus to Fredensborg Palace (another Queens residence), but it's only open to the public in July. Although this palace is interesting, you could pass on this if you're short on time. Therefore, after touring Frederiksborg palace, go back to the train station and go to Helsingor. There, you can walk to Kronborg castle. Also, be sure to get ice cream in the narrow alley close to the train station. Heading back to Copenhagen, you have several options. You could stop at the Lousiana museum along the coast, not far from Helsingor. Another stop worth doing is to get off at Klampenborg. Here you can walk to Deer park, where there is a forest to walk along, as well as Bakken, the world's oldest amusement park, and admittance is free. Tivoli is nicer, and Bakken is not a necessary attraction, but something to do if you had time to take a brief walk around. One interesting event would be to take a hourse carriage ride through some of the park. I think this may cost about $50 so make sure you find how how long of a ride you get for that price, but it does sound interesting. Also, you should see wild deer in the park.

These attractions in Hillerod and Helsingor are north of Copenhagen. One other outside of Copenhagen attraction is the Viking museum and cathedral in Roskilde. These are worth seeing and doing, but only if you had the time. Roskilde is kind of southwest of Copenhagen, and only 30 min away by train. I don't know if you could do Hillerod, Helsingor, and Roskilde in one day. Adding Roskilde would be pushing it, but you could definately do the castles in Hillerod and Helsingor in a day, I know becasue I did it the last time I was there. But it all depends on how much time you spend at these attractions which allow for doing things later in the day such as heading to Roskilde.

Also, just outside of Copenhagen, and something you could do after touring Helsingor, is to go to Dragor. Dragor is located near the Copenhagne airport, just south of the airport, so it's not far from Copenhagen. It's a quaint and interesting village, with a buch of yellow houses. Definately different, and worth the time if you have time to spare.

I can give you more information, but I'll need specific questions. Review the information on the "Wonderful Copenhagen" board http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=120370 It has a lot of information, more specifics. Afterwards, you might have a better idea of what you want to see and do, and I can help you further with these questions. If you do post additional questions, and I miss seeing them, you can also email me at swdke@aol.com But I prefer posting information on these message boards so that it might help others.

Have fun,

Steve

Hi Princess Di,

Well, I wrote to the Copenhagen Tourist office, and to the Canal Tour company who also provides the water bus transportation, and I received conflicting information. According to the Copenhagen Tourist office their reply was "Please be informed that the Copenhagen Card gives free transportation on the harbour buses and 20% discount on the Harbour and Canal Tour." However, when I emailed the canal tour/water bus company, their reply stated "Copenhagen cards provide only discount on guided tour (20%)" I guess we'll not know for sure until we get there and ask. Or, maybe someone sailing before us will try.

Steve

Archived