ShoreEx Credit vs OBC?

jb008

I tried searching but didn't find the exact answer I'm looking for.

I see Princess advertising a Shore Excursion Credit and an OBC available to purchase as Gifts - are they all just OBC are will the ShoreEx Credits actually be restricted to Shore Excursions only? And if my memory serves me correctly, OBC can be applied to Princess shore excursions - is that accurate?

For ref: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp

Thanks in advance!

I tried searching but didn't find the exact answer I'm looking for.

I see Princess advertising a Shore Excursion Credit and an OBC available to purchase as Gifts - are they all just OBC are will the ShoreEx Credits actually be restricted to Shore Excursions only? And if my memory serves me correctly, OBC can be applied to Princess shore excursions - is that accurate?

For ref: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/onboard_credit/Index.jsp

Thanks in advance!

I know OBC (from any source) can be applied to Princess Shore Excursions because I've done it. I had not seen the "Shore Excursion Credit" before your post.

I can't think how they could restrict it - would be way to complicated for their Folio management system which just had credits and debits - - unless they've updated their software....

Besides what Pam said, I think it is marketing. We'll give a shore ex credit gets people interested in shore excursions from Princess...

IF they can sell a few more (or many more) shore excursions as a result they will be happy.

I had actually called princess to add excursion credits so that they were sort of pre paid (my way of saving for my trip) and the Princess agent suggested the obc, she said that its better because it can be used for anything including excursions but the excursion credit can only be applied for excursions... Not sure why anyone would buy excursion credits

Archived