Sailing out of Ft lauderdale - how early to arrive at the port?

mermaidIamNOT

How early have you gotten to the port did you have to wait long before being able to check-in.

I know they have to get everyone off before allowing us newbies onboard.

Paperwork says noon posts here say checkin typically starts around 10:30-11am so how early do they start letting new passengers into the port even if you have to sit and wait for the cruiselines to be ready?

When people come they start the line. They may hold you there until 11-11:30 and then start. Once inside you pass through screen checks of yourself and your carry ons. Then you fill out the health form. Then you go to the lines where you give them your boarding pass and get your key. At that time they will also take your picture so when you board the ship it is already done on your key card. You scan yourself in, and you go to your cabin. MSC will have some staff there to walk you to your cabin if you want. At times there are no staff there since they are walking others. Once in your cabin you will find MSC delivers your baggage the fastest of any of the other cruise lines we have sailed on. Then it is to lunch.

Make sure you walk around and see the beautiful statues and decorations.

Their Japanese Restaurant is fabulous! The shrimp tempura is great. The sushi rolls are huge and wonderful. They run a special for all you can eat which is well worth it.

Around that restaurant you will see beautiful statues.

The ship is beautiful and very clean. Your key is placed in the slot inside your room. This activates a signal outside the cabin to let your steward know you are in the room. No one ever bothers you or walks in on you. It also adjusts the a/c and lights when the key is removed....very green ship!!

I always try to get there early to enjoy the day. I always carry on my swim suit and after lunch head to the pools or hot tubs. My vacation has begun.

Take part in the pool side games with the staff. Go to all the theater shows. They are the best in the industry.

Archived