Turtles in St. Thomas

CarlaMasterson

Looking to do either the Castaway Girl Shipwreck Snorkel or the Turtle Cover Catamaran Sail and Snorkel on Princess Ruby while in St Thomas. They both indicate they go to Buck Island. Has anyone done either of these excursions? I am mostly interested in swimming with the turtles. Do you see alot? What is the shipwreck like the overall snorkel experience with either site? Any info is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure there are different sides of Buck Island - one has the shipwreck, and the other side has the turtles and is now usually referred to as Turtle Cove.

If you want to see turtles, you should book a tour that specifically goes to Turtle Cove. Your chances of seeing turtles is excellent (though, of course, not guaranteed!)

Looking to do either the Castaway Girl Shipwreck Snorkel or the Turtle Cover Catamaran Sail and Snorkel on Princess Ruby while in St Thomas. They both indicate they go to Buck Island. Has anyone done either of these excursions? I am mostly interested in swimming with the turtles. Do you see alot? What is the shipwreck like the overall snorkel experience with either site? Any info is appreciated.

Did Turtle Cove, and we saw lots of turtles.

We privately booked the Fury, which worked out great.

We did the Turtle Cove snorkel through Princess when we were on the Ruby last January. We saw several turtles, maybe 6-8, with one of them coming up to the surface fairly close to us. It was a good excursion and we enjoyed it. The catamaran was rather full, but everyone had room.

Archived