Fun Question - If You Had Won Powerball What Would You Do?

voyager70

No more coach when flying to cruises. First class or nothing. I would do something like what Lorraine Arntz did with Princess. Live on a ship that is a globe trotter so that I wouldn't be stuck with repetitive itineraries. The preference would be a luxury line like Crystal or Seabourn. Why put up with repetitive menus on a mainstream line when you can order off the menu or have more creative menus on a luxury line.

Well alot of talk on CC and at work about the Lottery.

If I won and took the one lump sum, here is what I would do:

1. Pay off any depts that I have

2. Contribute to Little League

3. Buy a new car and upgrade the house

4. I would buy a room on a RCCL permamently where I would have my own Seapass card where I can come and go when I please. I would go with a hump on a Freedom Class

I would take a month to plan. I plan best sitting on a warm beach. Then I would come back and set things up to take care of family and a few deserving friends. Then I would pick up the cheque and deposit it in conservative dividend paying investments.

Last step would be to book alternete weeks on the Oasis or the Allure. Cruise a week take a week off to rest then cruise again! Whenm I tired of that I would book some Mediteranian and Europe river cruises. I think a 120 day +Grand voyage would be nice also.

We would take off for a 2 week vacation in Hawaii and spend time discussing what we really and truly wanted. That said there would be a new home but just what we wanted in the home would be in the discussions. How often we wanted to travel each year and what type of trips. How much and to whom do we want to give a gift. And of course we would decide how much we want to give to the Shrine hospitals and what other charities we would contribute to.

And to those that ask us for money, we would respond with "I understand you are going through tough times but it is better to give than to receive. Therefore, we will make a contribution to the church or nonprofit charity of your choice in your name."

Cruise on luxury cruises - probably. Continue cruising mass market lines - yes. Flying first class - you need to ask? :D

I would buy a 150 ft transoceanic super yacht, hire a crew, and set my own itineraries. A ship of that size should hold 10-12 guests plus crew so I shouldn't be short on company. I would start in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.

First thing I would do is make sure my family and my DH's family are completely set for the rest of their lives. Then I would sail with RCCL until that got boring. I would then buy a private island somewhere to live during the winter months, in the summer I would have a log cabin on a lake somewhere up here in Wisconsin. I would also have a jet with private pilot that is there when I need him. I would totally live the jet setters life for as long as possible!!!!!!!! :D

Archived