FLL 10:45am flight home?

FrannyK

Thank you Ocean Boy. I'm hoping debarking on a Monday will make a positive difference? Does anyone have experience debarking from Liberty on a Monday?

Right now I'm thinking we better do self debark to give ourselves any extra time we can get. We've never done self-debark before, we always thought it looked like a giant mess so we would get off in the first called color instead. We've had 11:30 flights a few times and never had a problem but 10:45 IS a bit frightening to me considering all the nightmare Liberty debarkation stories I have read.

We've never used the luggage service before either, although I would welcome it this time. A poster informed that a Southwest flight has to be after 11:30am in order to use it so that is unfortunate for us.

Got off Liberty yesterday we did self-bark walked off at a 7:15 in cab at 8:10 AM

Just something to remember about disembarking when on the Liberty of the Seas. It is a long long walk to get your luggage once you get off the ship. Yes you can get off around 7:00 and carry your own luggage, just don't have many bags and it will be much easier. We just came back on 11/29 the terminal that is used for the Liberty even thou Allure or Oasis are not docked is a very very old terminal and there are only 4-5 customs agents.

So yes it can be done, just travel lightly and hopefully the long way doesn't effect you.

Losforgrain, tugboat and ctcruiser: How did self-debark work on LOS (we've never done)? What time did you have to be where? How long did you have to wait where? Is it the same for everyone or different if you are Platinum, in a suite, etc.?

Losforgrain, tugboat and ctcruiser: How did self-debark work on LOS (we've never done)? What time did you have to be where? How long did you have to wait where? Is it the same for everyone or different if you are Platinum, in a suite, etc.?

The waiting area is Studio B/On Air lounge on deck three, and it starts at 7am approximately. Several people were already there in line when we got there at about 6:55. We waited in line for about 10-15 minutes, then were led to the stairs down to deck one, had to wait on the stairs for another 10-15, but then once we got off the gangway we walked for about 5 minutes, short customs line for about 5 minutes, and done.

I believe it's the same deal for everyone. The people right in front of us were Diamond, we are Gold.

The waiting area is Studio B/On Air lounge on deck three, and it starts at 7am approximately. Several people were already there in line when we got there at about 6:55. We waited in line for about 10-15 minutes, then were led to the stairs down to deck one, had to wait on the stairs for another 10-15, but then once we got off the gangway we walked for about 5 minutes, short customs line for about 5 minutes, and done.

I believe it's the same deal for everyone. The people right in front of us were Diamond, we are Gold.

That is exactly our experience, we had a 10:30 flight out of FLL and carried our luggage ourselves and were out of the ship and in the airport before 8:15 that morning.:)

For those that are saying you have plenty of time have not disembarked off the Liberty. It is as chaotic as you have read.

You MUST self carry your luggage off and be first in line, don't even think about the leave your bags out the night before process. We made the mistake of doing that and we had a 8:15 departure time (or it may have been 8:30) we only got in the cab at 11:15 exactly we were sweating thinking we would miss our 1:00pm flight when we were waiting in the lounge and then standing on the stairs and then customs etc...it was a nightmare.

Just something to remember about disembarking when on the Liberty of the Seas. It is a long long walk to get your luggage once you get off the ship. Yes you can get off around 7:00 and carry your own luggage, just don't have many bags and it will be much easier. We just came back on 11/29 the terminal that is used for the Liberty even thou Allure or Oasis are not docked is a very very old terminal and there are only 4-5 customs agents.

So yes it can be done, just travel lightly and hopefully the long way doesn't effect you.

We were right there with you disembarking on 11/29. We left out cabin at 9 and it took us 1 3/4 hrs. to get to the taxi. Then it was just a short trip to the airport. I've never had that bad an experience before.

So if you want to make your flight, be one of the first ones off the ship and carry your own bags!!!

Happy cruising

For those that are saying you have plenty of time have not disembarked off the Liberty. It is as chaotic as you have read.

You MUST self carry your luggage off and be first in line, don't even think about the leave your bags out the night before process. We made the mistake of doing that and we had a 8:15 departure time (or it may have been 8:30) we only got in the cab at 11:15 exactly we were sweating thinking we would miss our 1:00pm flight when we were waiting in the lounge and then standing on the stairs and then customs etc...it was a nightmare.

Sounds like the choice was yours and you made the wrong one - it happens, right? As I stated above, we were NOT first in line for self-disembark and would have been back in plenty of time for a 10:45 flight. We were probably 100th in line or so.

We just got off Indy and are waiting an hour and a half at the airport for our 9 am flight. We got in line at 6:15 am and the line was quite long. It eventually started to move. We got off the ship, went through customs and got to the airport and thru security before 7:30. You must keep your bags in your cabin and be able to walk off with them without help. Limit of 2 per person. We probably could of gotten in line earlier but there was really no need. The said the Express departure would occur between 6:15 and 6:45 am. Didn't really start until closer to 6:30. But we still had plenty of time. Some grumpy people in line said they got in the line 2 hours earlier which was foolish.

Sounds like the choice was yours and you made the wrong one - it happens, right? As I stated above, we were NOT first in line for self-disembark and would have been back in plenty of time for a 10:45 flight. We were probably 100th in line or so.

Hey Lossforgain, I certainly was not disagreeing with you and I may have used the wrong choice of words but my point that I wanted to make clear is for the OP not to make the choice of checking their bags by using the leave your bags out the nite before process. I was referring to the posters that were saying that they should be okay by leaving their bags out waiting for their numbers etc...in that case the OP would absolutely never make their plane on time.

In any cruises that I have been on I would be confident making a 1:00pm flight checking my bags the night before but that was excluding the "Liberty" for some reason this ship is very slow and disorganized in the disembarkation process.

Archived