Are there any completely waterproof fanny packs/belts?

Users should keep in mind that the Aloksak keeps water out, but does not protect from the pressure at depth. Cell phones and other devices, especially hollow things with large flat sides, can be damaged from pressure.

ALOSAK 3-Pack:

ALOKSAK bags have been certified waterproof in excess of 60 meters (approx. 200 feet) for over two weeks by the SSI (formerly NASDA), and passed the submergence/thrash/pull test conducted by the US Navy Experimental Diving Unit. These leak proof products offer unparalleled water-tightness in a recloseable cost-effective bag. The 6 mil. film of the bag is on par with PVC of the same thickness in terms of durability, but has a lower cold-crack tolerance (minus 60 F.) than that of PVC / Vinyl (0 degrees F.) ALOKSAK is protected by four patents covering the materials, the closure, and the manufacture of the finished product. And it fills a market niche that has been long overdue.

Water proof bag:

Now you can take them with you and keep them dry and safe with the Loksak Waterproof Bag and Splash Caddy (waist pack) system. This waterproof waist pack system is so effective, it has been tested and certified to be leak-proof down to 200 feet underwater by the National Association of Scuba Diving Schools as long as the waterproof bags are sealed properly. This waterproof pouch is large enough to carry your essentials but sleek and compact so it's easy to carry where ever you go.

To read the the certification letter, click the adjacent logo.

I wouldn't put electronic items, either. But they are okay for cash, credit and ship cards. That kinda stuff.:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As an add-on to the thread, I just came back from snorkeling in the E. Caribbean mid-December...and the shark pack (mako) I tried out this trip kept everything dry (cash, id, credit card)....mostly surface snorkeling lasting an hour or so --with a few quick bottom dives down to 15 feet on each outing. Based upon the manufacturers notice I wouldn't dive with it or use it for hours on end in the water.

Archived