Blackbeard's on our own?

Krispy

Would like to see blackbeard's castle the steps and the rum factory... what is the best tour to do this (don't mind doing it as an independent tour) or can we just take a taxi and what's the best way back? Sailing the Epic in just over a week if that makes any difference... Also what are the costs if we were to do it on our own?

Walking distance from shopping area. Just take a taxi to/from Main Street (shopping area) and take a walking tour in Charlotte Amalie - get inspirations from my short video:

You can find many links to self guided walking tours in St. Thomas including Blackbeard's castle

Blackbeard's Castle is an attraction that charges an admission fee, and yes, you can walk up and buy tickets. Not sure how much they are now, but they have a website under same name, I think.

A walking tour only takes you to the outside of Blackbeard's so you won't see the rum factory without paying the fee.

I don't mind paying to get in - just wondering the best way to actually get there... I wasn't sure how far of a walk it is from the shopping area or how to get there from the port... should we take a taxi from the port to the castle or just to the shopping area?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived