Question on Divina Balcony -- Larger Corner Balcony

NellieVA

Just booked a sailing on the Divina out of Miami next year. In looking at the ship diagram and availability, I could book cabin 13052. It is on a corner, and has a huge slant balcony. Has anyone been in one of these corner cabins? I ask, as I'm concerned about the location -- right below the pool (will there be noise) and whether the balcony will forever been in shade.

Would appreciate any advice, particularly from anyone who's been in one of these cabins.

Just booked a sailing on the Divina out of Miami next year. In looking at the ship diagram and availability, I could book cabin 13052. It is on a corner, and has a huge slant balcony. Has anyone been in one of these corner cabins? I ask, as I'm concerned about the location -- right below the pool (will there be noise) and whether the balcony will forever been in shade.

Would appreciate any advice, particularly from anyone who's been in one of these cabins.

There is nothing wrong with that cabin except that you are underneath the pool area and thats not good, you can get the same cabin on a lower floor.

Here is a picture of the balconies for 13114 and 13112 (top level) on Divina which are similar to the one you are interested in, 13052, it is just a mirror image.

They look to me as though they will get no sun at all , unless the sun is very low and coming in from the starbaord bow. In the case of the balcony you are interested from the starboard side of the stern.

cornercabin.jpg

I'd be reluctant to have one of these cabins as the view is limited and if you like the sun you won't get any, but that's just me, the balconies are obviously large but may be less private with respect to each other

I've flipped the image to give you an idea of what 13052 would be like

cornercabin-1.jpg

Pete

If you want a larger balcony but want sun, you might see if there is an aft balcony available on Deck 10 or 11. Those are larger than the regular side balcony and not configured in an awkward pie shape. I booked a side balcony but kept trying and finally got an aft on Deck 12 which is still larger than the normal side balcony but not quite as large as Deck 10 or 11.

I looked at those pie balconies but was worried that the view would be so obstructed we would not enjoy it as much.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived