What Questions Do You Have Of The Senior Crew on A Crossing?

Garybem

Sorry Captain. Oprey took over the QM2 on 4th Dec and was master of the ship until it returned to UK on 15th Dec. I was on the ship and had the good fortune to visit the Bridge.

I understand that Chris Wells was due to take over for the transatlantic crossing.

Foxy

Thanks

Kevin Oprey is indeed Capt of rhe QM2 at the moment. I spoke with him last week and he told me he was surprised to get command of the flagship as it was his first Cunard command. He was sure he would be given one of the other Queens. A very pleasant guy.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

I vcan completely understand his sentiments as we probably look on the Queen Mary2 as being the senior or flagship of the Cunard line and as such traditionally she would have the most senior commanding officer. I wonder how they would steam if in formation. Would the senior captain's ship be at the fore or would it be the biggest ship, with the smallest fetching up the rear ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions and questions.

While I was on-board, I recorded a series of 3 interviews which I have now edited and posted, with more about them, their roles, tips and how they see Cunard changing

Part 1 : with the entertainment directors on the crossing and caribbean legs, Ray Rouse and Ed Moffat.

Part 2. The hotel manager and executive chef

Part 3: social host and gentleman host

With all the issues on norovirus at the time , I did not get to interview the captain.

You can listen to the interviews here: click here

Thanks for the suggestions and questions.

While I was on-board, I recorded a series of 3 interviews which I have now edited and posted, with more about them, their roles, tips and how they see Cunard changing

Part 1 : with the entertainment directors on the crossing and caribbean legs, Ray Rouse and Ed Moffat.

Part 2. The hotel manager and executive chef

Part 3: social host and gentleman host

With all the issues on norovirus at the time , I did not get to interview the captain.

You can listen to the interviews here: click here

Cheers Gary,

Enjoyed the video's and these very much.

Archived