Just booked the Breeze, but...

LBroxon

Just booked an awesome (and I mean REALLY awesome) resident rate on the Breeze, sailing 1/13/12. Not complaining or anything, because I'm sure this is why we got a great rate, but I noticed that the other six day cruises on the Breeze stop at three ports, whereas the cruise I booked stops at 2 (Grand Turk and Montego Bay). Any idea why? Also, we are suprising our daughter with this cruise for Christmas. Any ideas on ways to surprise her? Thanks!

The third port may not have been available on the date the Breeze would have been visiting. There could be a limit to the number of ships scheduled on any given day.

Good point. I had not thought of that! Regardless, I'm excited. Can't wait to cruise in a little over a month!

Try the Mongolian Wok and the Italian pasta at luch back above the buffet...Dennis

Already love the Mongolian Wok. I am definitely excited to try Cucina del Capitano. I know they are open seating at lunch, but is the food similar to the dinner menu? I'm just wondering if it is worth paying the extra dinner charge if you can get the same thing at lunch for no fee.

Already love the Mongolian Wok. I am definitely excited to try Cucina del Capitano. I know they are open seating at lunch, but is the food similar to the dinner menu? I'm just wondering if it is worth paying the extra dinner charge if you can get the same thing at lunch for no fee.

I believe Cucina only serves made to order pastas during lunch. You don't get desert, appetizer, entree or pizza like you would during dinner.

I believe Cucina only serves made to order pastas during lunch. You don't get desert, appetizer, entree or pizza like you would during dinner.

Thanks! I'm sure we will go for dinner at least once. We are big fans of Italian cuisine.

I noticed that the other six day cruises on the Breeze stop at three ports, whereas the cruise I booked stops at 2 (Grand Turk and Montego Bay). Any idea why?

The port which is eliminated is Nassau, which is good because you don't pay port charges, so you're saving money and many people don't bother getting off the ship in Nassau anyway. It'll give you (and us) more time to explore the nooks and crannies of the flagship of Carnival.

Below is the menu for dinner. has been reported that it is well worth the extra 12 bucks. The lunchtime offerings are similar to an Italian version of the Mongolian Wok, with the exception being that you write things down off of a checklist and hand it to a waitress instead of picking your items and standing in line to wait. You pick your pasta, your sauce, your protein and your veggies. EDIT...make your reservations ahead of time or on embarkation day for dinner at Cucina, I have read that it does fill up.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_breeze/pdf/Cucina_del_Capitano_Menu.pdf

I purchased a cruise for my son's 13th birthday (he will be 20 on 16th) and decided to leave it a surprise. We had just gone through a divorce and he was living with his father at the time. So I was looking for a way to make his birthday even more special. I told my oldest DD18 at the time but left it a secret for DS and DD8.

I had told DD8 and birthday boy we were going to hit Tampa Aquarium on our way to Orlando and Grandma's. So that morning I picked up birthday boy by 7am. I had packed all suitcases into backof SUV but covered them with a quilt so little ones would not see it.

We drove to the Port of Tampa and I pulled in to drop off area lane, when we were approached by a man asking if we were boarding today and if we were using valet. At that point I turned to the two in the backseat and yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND SURPRISE" "We are leaving on the Legend of the Seas for a week"! They were so shocked, the look on there faces was priceless.

I had purchased 2 oceanview adjoining cabins and had birthday boys decorated with the birthday package with streamers and a cake! To date the best birthday gift EVER! The cruise was amazing!

Enjoy the surprise cruise!

The lunchtime offerings are similar to an Italian version of the Mongolian Wok, with the exception being that you write things down off of a checklist and hand it to a waitress instead of picking your items and standing in line to wait. You pick your pasta, your sauce, your protein and your veggies. EDIT...make your reservations ahead of time or on embarkation day for dinner at Cucina, I have read that it does fill up.

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly book now, because I am excited to try something different. The lunch service sounds a lot like the pasta bar on the Liberty.

Archived