Locked out on balcony

limoncello56

I am a solo cruiser & a couple of years ago, on the NCL Gem, I woke up & went out on the balcony very early one morning. After a few minutes I tried to go back in to get my camera & realized I was locked out. These were sliding doors, not open & shut doors.

No one was outside on their balcony around me...so I had to wait a pretty long time for my neighbor on the right side to come out. Well, she was a very elderly woman traveling with her adult daughter, & when I poked my head around the divider I almost scared her to death! She screamed, & then ran back into her cabin lol. Then the daughter came out & I explained my predicament...and she called guest services.

About 15 minutes later a security guy came & let me back in to my cabin. They had originally sent the cabin steward, but because I had double-locked the door the night before...the cabin steward's key wouldn't work!

They were very apologetic, said they would send a carpenter to look at the sliding door...and sent a bottle of wine to the dining room that night!

Thank goodness I had a tee-shirt on when this all happened!

I locked my DH out on the balcony on Millennium. I was rushing to go to a class, forgot he was out there, and locked the room up, including the balcony door. Oops!

DH managed to attract the attention of someone on a balcony above him and they called a steward to let him in again.

I got a lot of good-natured teasing from our cabin steward, who thought I had done it on purpose!

Hmmm. We can certainly see the advantages to such an event :)

Hank

Prior to the cruise we were taking a leaf tour. We were all staying in a large, rambling motel and had to put our luggage out by 7:00AM. A very "Stout" lady, travelling alone, thought she could just step out quickly, wearing just a Tee shirt and panties, drop the bags and slip back in before anyone could see her. Panic struck when she heard the door lock behind her. It was a long, long way to the front desk and when she arrived she was asked, " Do you have any identification"? She responded with, "Just the tattoo on my arse"!

If that ever happens to you on a Celebrity cruise, the solution is very easy.

You only need to light up a cigarette on the balcony and someone from security will be there instantly. ;)

Excellent!

Hopefully with a bucket of water too! :p

Archived