Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft.Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

gregg4

Sailing on the Caribbean Princes 2/9/13. Will be flying in 2/7 and renting a car. Our usual hotels are sold out or way too expensive. Looking at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft.Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port. Looks ok. Anyone stayed there and can tell me anything about it? Cleanliness,near Port, whats nearby? Any and all comments welcomed. Thank you.

I have stayed there twice. it is fairly new (maybe about two years old). Very clean. nice breakfast. comfy beds. we had one Bedroom suites, which are roomy. the studio suites are larger than the average hotel room. Roomy lobby (gets a bit crowded ay peak breakfast time, of course).

we walked about 10 minutes north to have dinner at rustic inn crab house. There are other restaurants within walking distance.

publix is about a mile west.

I would happily stay there again.

I have stayed there twice. it is fairly new (maybe about two years old). Very clean. nice breakfast. comfy beds. we had one Bedroom suites, which are roomy. the studio suites are larger than the average hotel room. Roomy lobby (gets a bit crowded ay peak breakfast time, of course).

we walked about 10 minutes north to have dinner at rustic inn crab house. There are other restaurants within walking distance.

publix is about a mile west.

I would happily stay there again.

Thank you. Looks close to the Port also.

It's a great hotel when you have a car. Nothing really right around it, but easy to get anywhere with a car because of the highway being right there.

I did fine there twice without a car. there are restaurants within walking distance. A grocery store about a mile away...easy walk with sidewalks and crosswalks. plenty of taxis available if you do not wish to walk. what more does one need nearby for an overnight stay?

I did fine there twice without a car. there are restaurants within walking distance. A grocery store about a mile away...easy walk with sidewalks and crosswalks. plenty of taxis available if you do not wish to walk. what more does one need nearby for an overnight stay?

The OP is there 2 nights. It's a little isolated for my tastes for 2 nights. ymmv

That doesn't matter as we have a rental car. Thank you

I knew that, which is why I made my first response. The second post was in relation to the comment another poster made on that. I almost always have a car too, so I don't have to worry about picking hotels based more on what's around it.

Archived