Princess new web pages

newparks

What the H is Carnivalized? I just went to do a dummy booking for Spring 2014, just to see lots of availability. I think the new site is great; very helpful and you see just what is and what is not available. No guessing.

I think I like it also Pia. It is nice to see what is booked and not

Sharon

One small snag that I notice is that rooms that will accomodate more than 2 people only show as available if you indicate a booking for three or more and don't seem to be available to 2 people in a room. I think this is a minor inconvenience, as they are generally not my first choice, but if there is nothing else available in a location I want, I would consider one and the new system doesn't seem to want to let me have one. I have sailed in one in the past with just 2 of us.

My travel agent encountered this when i tried to book a mini-suite for one, that would be a mini for me traveling as a solo. I suggested entering 2 passengers and my accessible mini-suite appeared. He was able to deal with the issue. You may need help from someone.

It looks like they have changed the Booking Site again. Now they just have a listing of 6 available rooms with no Deck Plans and no opportunity to enter a room number to see if it is available. Hopefully it's temporary while they take the bugs out of the previous version.

It looks like they have changed the Booking Site again. Now they just have a listing of 6 available rooms with no Deck Plans and no opportunity to enter a room number to see if it is available. Hopefully it's temporary while they take the bugs out of the previous version.

Are you looking at cruises before the category changes? If so, those cruises still use the old format with a limit of six cabins.

I just looked at a cruise after the category changes and did see the new version which shows a deck plan and all available cabins in the area chosen.

I looked at a cruise with the old cabin categories and saw six cabins and a space to enter a specific cabin.

OK, now I see. It no longer works with my old IE 8, but works with Chrome. I am still running XP because I have Cad software that won't run on newer versions of Windows and is expensive to replace. Earlier the new Princess Booking Site did run OK.

Open a second window.

I see that the balcony sizes are displayed separately. That's a good feature.

• 1 month later...

Using the new booking tool for the Grand Princess California Coastal, September 27, 2013, Aft Mini-Suite, middle deck, it shows D711, D712, D716, D717, D720, and D721 as interior mini-suites :eek: . I didn't read about that change during the drydock :). If you go to the aft interiors, it shows D714, D715, D718, D719, D722, and D723 as having balconies like a mini-suite. I can imagine someone who books e.g. D722 based on the booking engine will be a little upset when they get on the ship.

princess.jpg.5b11d61fb43d483519b7b94fa6c1caa0.jpg

Using the new booking tool for the Grand Princess California Coastal, September 27, 2013, Aft Mini-Suite, middle deck, it shows D711, D712, D716, D717, D720, and D721 as interior mini-suites :eek: . I didn't read about that change during the drydock :). If you go to the aft interiors, it shows D714, D715, D718, D719, D722, and D723 as having balconies like a mini-suite. I can imagine someone who books e.g. D722 based on the booking engine will be a little upset when they get on the ship.
That's quite an error :eek:

Archived