Pacific Pearl questions

I am going on Pacific Pearl in February from wharf 5, Darling Harbour for our honeymoon. I was wondering, on cruise personaliser, it says boarding from 4pm. (Our cruise doesn't leave until 8pm). So what time do you recommend to arrive at the wharf? Do they board you according to what deck you're on? Is there a chance we could be on the ship before 4pm?

My last cruise was 2010 and I can't remember.

Also my plan is as soon as we board, is to book dinner for that night and Salt Grill for somewhere in the cruise. I assume it is fine to book, once on board?

And normally lunch is provided for you when you get on the ship for early cruises, so I am guessing it will be waiting for dinner for us?

Thanks. :)

It sounds like you are keen to board early. Usually boarding starts a bit earlier than the time stipulated, and check in starts hours prior to that. I suggest arriving closer to 3pm if that is convenient for you.

When you board you can use your phone to book for dinner that night and also for the Salt Grill for a later night, but I don't think it is imperative to book as soon as you board for the Salt Grill. Dinner times that you can book are usually 5.30/5.45/6pm or 8pm. Different time suit different people - we usually book for 6pm, but you might prefer a later meal.

By the time you board the buffet won't be open so yes, you will have to wait until dinner time. If you have early dinner you will be finished and can go outside to watch sailaway.

We went on the Pearl in October. Our boarding time was supposed to be 2pm for a 6pm departure. We arrived at the check-in around 11am with the intention of checking the bags then going for a walk and come back. When we checked the bags they shunted us straight to the check-in counter and advised us boarding would start around midday. We were onboard, bags in our room, up on deck enjoying refreshments around 12:30pm. There was an open call to board, no deck by deck call that I remember.

Enjoy your trip, I'm jealous already :)

John

We went on the Pearl in October. Our boarding time was supposed to be 2pm for a 6pm departure. We arrived at the check-in around 11am with the intention of checking the bags then going for a walk and come back. When we checked the bags they shunted us straight to the check-in counter and advised us boarding would start around midday. We were onboard, bags in our room, up on deck enjoying refreshments around 12:30pm. There was an open call to board, no deck by deck call that I remember.

Enjoy your trip, I'm jealous already :)

John

Boarding is by numbered groups in the order that you check in. Earlier check-in = earlier boarding.:)

Archived