Price drop question....

Jenny in TX

We are booked on the 2/3/13 Magic sailing out of Galveston. I just saw yesterday that there is a holiday/past guest sale going on right now it shows that our price dropped $90. I emailed our travel agent and asked her to look at it. She just called and said that Carnival said we are not elegible because our category is sold out. We have 4 cabins booked together in an 8D category. She said that there are 8C and 8E available and the only thing Carnival will do is upgrade us to an 8E, but that we would not be able to have our cabins together if those cabins are even still available when the upgrade goes through.

Can some one tell me if this is right? Its not going to kill us not to get the $90 OBC, but it would be nice!

We are booked on the 2/3/13 Magic sailing out of Galveston. I just saw yesterday that there is a holiday/past guest sale going on right now it shows that our price dropped $90. I emailed our travel agent and asked her to look at it. She just called and said that Carnival said we are not elegible because our category is sold out. We have 4 cabins booked together in an 8D category. She said that there are 8C and 8E available and the only thing Carnival will do is upgrade us to an 8E, but that we would not be able to have our cabins together if those cabins are even still available when the upgrade goes through.

Can some one tell me if this is right? Its not going to kill us not to get the $90 OBC, but it would be nice!

If you're booked Early Saver you have to price match to the same Category same ## passengers cabin - if your cabin category isn't available, you can't price match to it. ken

Thank you for the response. We are booked ES, so that answers my question.

Booked ES the other "option" is that if a Category above yours drops below your ES rate you can upgrade - some have reported success in getting OBC without upgrading and giving up your cabin, but I'm not sure I would risk this. ken

The category above ours is available. They said we could move up one deck, but since we have 4 cabins together we don't want to move. There are not 4 cabins together on the next level up. I just thought we would get OBC....didn't realize it doesn't work that way.

Thanks for your help....I appreciate it!

The category above ours is available. They said we could move up one deck, but since we have 4 cabins together we don't want to move. There are not 4 cabins together on the next level up. I just thought we would get OBC....didn't realize it doesn't work that way.

Thanks for your help....I appreciate it!

You should keep watching though ... If someone else decides to switch cabins then that would make an 8D available for price matching. Just because your category is sold out now doesn't mean it will stay that way.

Good luck!

You should keep watching though ... If someone else decides to switch cabins then that would make an 8D available for price matching. Just because your category is sold out now doesn't mean it will stay that way.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip....I will definitely keep watching!

Archived