Another FTTF question

mavvie

My wife and I booked the FTTF option for our upcoming cruise and were wondering what time past users of the program arrived at port? Also, what time were you allowed on the ship? I have read the previous threads on FTTF and haven't seen the answer to this question.

It depends on what time the last cruise was cleared and what time boarding starts. Cant board you when others are still getting off the ship.

I read that some people got on about 11:30 while others had to wait til after noon time.

If you were heading to port that early anyway-- why spend the 50 bucks?

you will be in the first wave of passengers getting on anyways

weddings, handicapped, VIPs will board first then the 30 cabins for the FTTF will board

It depends on what time the last cruise was cleared and what time boarding starts. Cant board you when others are still getting off the ship.

I read that some people got on about 11:30 while others had to wait til after noon time.

weddings, handicapped, VIPs will board first then the 30 cabins for the FTTF will board

We are arriving to Miami the day before the cruise, so I can get to the port whenever. The whole idea was to not wait around the terminal for longer than necessary. I understand the boarding sequence and decided to spend the $50 becasue I have read positive reviews regarding the FTTF program. Thank you for your response.

We were dropped off by our shuttle at 10:30.... we had dropped off our bags and were on the Lido deck at 11:05!!!

In my opinion for the next 2 cruise ( until I get Platinum) the most wonderful $50 I have ever spent!!

That sounds awesome. Hopefully our experience will be as rewarding.

The above poster sailed from PC.

Legend just recently did not arrive until 4 hours after they were supposed to. (after 11 is when they arrived--so the ship needed to clear and empty, etc.

We are arriving about 11:30 for the Glory. So that should be very little wait for us..

We arrived at the Pride at 1:10 and they were only calling Zone 7. (so the ship was just cleared right before that time) after we checked in and got our cards and made our way on to the ship- dropped our stuff in the cabin made our way to the lido deck buffet-- it was a few seconds after 2pm.

I not only LOVED getting on early....

I never had to wait at customer service... the line on the Dream was never ending...

We didnt use the priority tendering...

Its not the same as arriving early... its like a Disney fast pass.... or Front of the line pass..

I wouldnt hesitate for a moment on purchasing F2F.. worth evey penny!

Because it's not JUST about getting on the ship early, it's about getting into your room early (so you can drop off anything you are carrying and better explore the ship without all your extra stuff in tow), it's about getting your luggage earlier. Without paying for this and just getting on the ship in say zones 3-5 doesn't mean you will get into your room (to unload anything you carried on) before 1:30p, nor does it mean you will get your luggage before 8p (I only used 8p because on our last cruise my daughter and I didn't get our luggage till then even tho the other three in our party got theirs around 4p - on our first two cruises we all got our luggage around 4p).

In November we arrived at the pot at 11AM went thru security and check in in 10 minutes they were still not boarding sat down and 10 minutes later they started calling us and we were in our cabin by 11:30AM loved it went to eat and no lines and hardly anybody on ship yet. Went back to cabin and luggage was there. So I think it was great would do it again.:)

When you book FTTF, where is it at? Shore excursuons, onboard shops, etc

If it's available for your ship, it will be listed under the excursions. Ours sold out pretty quick and they took the whole listing off. Apparently they had so many people calling about it, it showed up, on excursions, as 'Sold Out'.

When we booked the other day for our January 13th sailing it said there were 7 remaining. I haven't checked back to see if there are any left. I can only guess that as the program becomes more well known it will be increasingly difficult to get your hands on one. I think the next cruise we book I will ask immediately just to be safe.

Can't wait for the day we're Platinum and don't have to pay for this perk. Alas, that is in the considerable future so for now - FTTF it is. For those of you lucky enough to live in the States and in close proximity to departure ports, enjoy it. I am jealous and wish we could take advantage of multiple 3-4 day cruises throughout the year. Damnation to my northern place of residence. :(

Archived