SUMMIT 1-28-05 CANCELED????????

JUST CRUZIN

There is a website: http://www.cruisingpower.....asp?s=461834B54C&br=CEL

that posts some of the Celebrity letters to their travel agencies. It appears there was a notice about the Summit back in January? Notice all of the Constellation port cancellations for Bar Harbor that are for port congestion. Then you go to the Maine port authority site and this excuse looks a little suspect. However, it appears the Summit is legit for damage repair. Celebrity appears to have a problem getting timely and honest information to cruisers. Reading the integrity posting really makes one wonder.

Forty - I was unable to open the link. After going to www.cruisingpower.com where do I go?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Thanks I was able to see it.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

Wow, thanks for that link!! It seems very clear that Celebrity made the annoucement in January, and stated exactly what compensation and rebooking options were available. If I were effected by this change, I'd print the page out and take it to my TA and have them fax it to Celebrity along with my rebooking information.

Hilary

Maybe you folks need new travel agents. This website informs agents what's going on and if they aren't informing their customers they are the ones to blame for your confusion. If your cruise is booked through an agent, he will be the one to be informed of changes, not the individual.

We were scheduled on Infinity May 25th 2005 which was recently canceled. A year in advance I wouldn't expect any compensation except price protection for the rate paid.

I am sorry Liz, I can open the link but there is no section that says Whats new. Please guide me.

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

Summit 1/28/05 again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I was able to open the link, but the only thing I found on the site was about the cancelling of the Jan 17, 2005 sailing and the change on the Jan 7 sailing. There was no mention of the 1/28 sailing....at least I did not find it on the site.

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

Summit 1/28/05 again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I can't really comment on a TA issue because my cruise 4/1/05 wasn't listed on the site and I know for sure that my TA knows nothing about it. However, this link proves most peoples point about X's CS dept. It is written in black and white and posted in January yet when people call they are given different stories. I just don't understand how they can be so inefficient.

<param name="4" value=4>

</applet>

I guess I just accept that most CS departments are inefficient, not just cruiselines. Even when employess have the correct info available to them it's possible to get a wrong answer. Many of the people who take these jobs are undereducated and undermotivated. There are some very good CS reps and some who are just marking time.

Usually I can find the answer to my question myself, but if I can't I let my travel agent make the right call to get correct information. When she has the correct info she calls me back.

Usually it's just a case of having a little patience which I know is almost impossible nowadays with the need that most people have for instant gratification.

Celebrity could obviously use some better training for some of their reps.

I printed out the info re Itinerary Change and Cancelled Cruises. It mentions the guidelines for guests holding res, and says new cruise booked will be at the "prevailing(lower)rates".

Does that mean they can't raise your price? ie price protection?

Grace

I agree with Ma Bell on her last post. However, I'm going out on a limb here and say (with the exception of the 1/28/05 cruise which is 7-1/2 months away), the other cruises that were/are/may be cancelled are almost a year or more away. CS dept apparently needs to be revamped and more training necessary -- but let's move on. If you are that unhappy (and from all the negative comments it sounds like you are [and rightly so, I might add]) you have plenty of time to book another cruise. I know you are unhappy but it's time to find an alternative, I know I would.

RE:What's new Celebrity Cruises

I tried to find the info about the cancellation of the Jan 28 05 Summit cruise.

I found these two links, but neither work

12/04/2003 Summit - Jan 2005 - Itinerary Change And Cancelled Celebrity Cruises Sailing

This link give me a "Page Not Found"

03/12/2004 Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Caribbean Cruise

This link will not open at all.

Where did you find your information?

I went up to FortyNinerLiz post and clicked on the web site she gave. [url="http://www.crusingpower.com"]www.crusingpower.com[/url]. Click on Celebrity, then What's New. Scroll down the list until you find a post re the Summit, toward the bottom.
It gave the info re the 1-16 cancelled cruise and what comp. they will get. $200 onboard credit per cabin, price protection for re booking. More info also.

Grace

I wish I could move on. I wish X would tell me what is going on. As in true X form I called them today - again - as did my TA and received - again - 2 different answers. There are no other 10 day cruises the only cruise I can find is a 7 day cruise from Princess. So until I know what is going on I am not going to change other arrangements. Trust me I and I am sure every other person on the cruises that are effected would love to move on but it doesn't seem as if that is possible at least not until we receive a consistent answer.

<param name="4" value=4>
</applet>

I am surprised that your TA has not confirmed that the cruise is cancelled. My TA did, as well as another TA.

If you can't find another X cruise (Horizon, Zenith) to fit your schedule, then I guess the solution would be, at this point, to start looking at alternative cruise lines. Princess and RCCL have carib cruises, as well as HAL, going in Jan. Good luck with your search. In the end, you will have a great cruise.

Grace

Grace - I am not on the 1/28 cruise - sorry I should have clarified. I am on the group of March/April Summit itineraries that are "on-hold, possible charter, revenue dept audit, full etc." depending on the X rep you talk to. I have looked at every possibility including other lines and unfortunately there is not a similar cruise to be had. If X decides to cancel the cruise I will be very much out of luck.

<param name="4" value=4>
</applet>

I also would like to move on, and have already made alternative arrangements.

What I have a problem with is that Celebrity is holding a substantial amount of other peoples money in limbo and some people are most likely paying credit card interest rates on the money they used to make their downpayment.

If half of the ship is booked you have 975 people paying $450/ea. or $438,750.00 per sailing that Celebrity is using for its corporate interests. Factor that by the multiple sailings that are currently on hold and Celebrity has millions of dollars of other peoples money in their pockets.

Excellent point. Suddenly it is becoming clearer why they want to continue to drag this out.

<param name="4" value=4>
</applet>

I may be mistaken, but wouldn't the "prevailing rate" be whatever the current rate is that a ship is selling at? I didn't take it to mean that they would give you a new sailing at whatever rate you paid for the previous one, but I could be wrong.

[email="caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net"]caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net[/email]

This is becoming clearer??????????? Give me a break -- if your cruise had not been on "hold" your money would have been "used" by Celebrity, just as mine is. We put a deposit down on the 3/11/05 cruise in March of this year. If this cruise is cancelled - I really don't expect to get the deposit back with interest. They should give you interest, but they don't. Those people who used credit cards for deposits (as we did) are expected to pay it off. I think that point is irrelevant.

Ma Bell -- Amen [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I disagree with you LM. The longer Celebrity keeps us "in the Dark" and the longer they do not officially cancel the cruise, which to this point they have not even though it seems to be leaning that way, and the longer people are hesitant to JUST CANCEL it themselves because they are still hoping it will sail, the longer they get to use our money. That is score one for Celebrity.

RCCI Song of Norway 1982
RCCI Viking 1991
Princess Crown 12/93
Galaxy 11/98
Princess Crown 12/00
Summit 1/03
Summit 1/12/04
Summit 1/28/05 again

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived