looking for diamond ring in Aruba

decibel123

will be visiting this island is January

is there a good place to buy a god quality diamond ring in Aruba

"God" quality diamonds are hard to find now. Most are in private collections of the very, very wealthy.

Suggest you purchase any expensive jewelry at home. Many people will post about their great jewelry purchase and how they went home and had fabulous appraisals, but there are no real bargains in the Caribbean anymore.

You are better off dealing with someone at home or purchasing from a reputible online dealer such as bluenile.com. It's much easier to either trade up that way in the future, or deal with any problems.

DW has always had success in Diamonds International. And they also offer trade in value. We did get burned once in St Marteen buying from a small out of the way shop that was offering a "good" deal. Should have listened to my inner voice about not trusting a small local dealer for something like a diamond ring for myself. Still get grief from DW about not paying a little more at her store.

Personally .......

I would not buy an expensive product I know nothing about (I can't grade a diamond) .....in which I would have to believe what the salesperson told me .....and which I could not have the quality verified until after I got home.

And .....if anything is wrong or it is less than promised .......I am out of luck.

And .....I would probably be purchasing it from a store that gives big kickbacks / commissions / payoffs.......to the cruise line that recommended them.

Archived