Allure of the Seas-December 9th

kdpatte

Just got back from an awesome week on the Allure of the Seas. I am posting my review here so people can ask questions they may have.

We flew into Fort Lauderdale 2 days before the cruise and stayed at the Days Inn Bahia Cabana because it was close to a water taxi stop. Hotel was terrible cockroaches and all.

We were at the cruise port before 11am. Within 45 minutes we were checked in....had our picture taken....and were on the ship. Most of the wait time was actually waiting for them to begin the boarding process.

First thing we did when we got on the ship was to purchase our all inclusive drink option. We got the premium package which was $55 per day per person. There is a cheaper beer option that was only $45 per day. This price included tax and tips. The premium package that we got covered everything but beers over $6.50 and some wines. The best part of this package was being able to TRY all of the different drinks that they offer. And if you don't like the drink you got you could just get something else. Second best part was that you didn't have to sign receipts for them.

We tried 3 specialty restaurants-Rita's Cantina-Chop's Grill-Giovanni's. The meal at Chop's in my opinion was the best of the entire cruise. I would not go back to the other two. I enjoyed every meal that I had in the dining room. I do not think that next time I would book any specialty dining.

The entertainment on the ship was the best. We not only enjoyed all of the shows that you had to have reservations for, but we also LOVED the late night entertainment. Do not miss LOVE AND MARRIAGE, BATTLE OF THE SEXES, or my favorite show of the trip QUEST. Someone told us that you will be amazed at what grown men will do at these shows....and they were spot on.....it was hilarious!!! The only thing that I was disappointed in was the fact that the Prohibition party that we paid $35 per person for was the same night and same time as QUEST. So we got dressed up in our Prohibition outfits, took our pictures, made a 15 minute appearance and went and changed. It seemed that there were many other nights that the Prohibition party could have been moved to when there wasn't such big stuff going on.

Our room was 9550 and outside d4 balcony room. Great location and our room steward Aldolph was very nice. It was a connecting room to 9552 that our friends were in. This was very convenient for us and noise between the rooms was not an issue. I will admit for as much as I typically love balcony rooms I felt that the extra money for the balcony on this boat was kind of a waste of money. There are so many public places to hang out that I probably only spent a total of 30 minutes on the balcony.

Since we were on an eastern caribbean cruise our ports were Nassau, St Thomas and St Maartin. In Nassau we didn't plan much since we had to be back on the boat by 1:30pm. We went to the Atlantis Hotel just to check it out and honestly I was not impressed from the little I saw. We were back on the ship within a few hours. In St Maartin we went to Sunset Bar and Grill at Maho beach to watch the planes land. What an great day. In St Thomas we went to swim with the sea turtles on the FURY. The boat, excursion and crew all made the day perfect.

Just a few last random notes.

1. The elevators never were an issue for us in the front of the ship by our room. However, the ones in the back were MUCH slower.

2. Pools were great and we never had problems getting a chair.

3. The interactive computers by the elevators were good for figuring out what was going on everywhere on the ship.

4. We never encountered a crew member that wasn't anything but nice. We met and enjoyed soooooo many crew members. Especially AHMED who was seen all over the ship. We first met him when he was the operator of the Rising Tides Bar.

Disappointed that they only have two itineraries for the Oasis and the Allure. I loved the ship and would go back in a heart beat. But for now we have other places we want to see so we booked on the Independence for Feb 2014.

Archived