Changing rooms (early saver)

Bashlin

I think it all depends on who you talk to when you call and your cruise line's policy.

Our friends that we are going with called a few days ago and got an upgrade for $30. We called later that evening to get the same upgrade so we could be together and the lady I spoke with not only gave us the upgrade...but upgraded us for free with our early saver discount. My husband and I each received a $20 onboard credit because of a price difference as well. Our friends then called back after hearing we got a better deal, and got the same.

So like I said, I think it is all in who you talk to and if you hear that other fellow cruisers have got a better deal.

There are no name changes with ES and if grandma wants a room by herself she's going to pay 200%, does she know that? If she has no problem paying that amount then your dad could book a solo cabin in his name and then once onboard change with grandma at the guest services desk~

There are no name changes with ES and if grandma wants a room by herself she's going to pay 200%, does she know that? If she has no problem paying that amount then your dad could book a solo cabin in his name and then once onboard change with grandma at the guest services desk~

That's what I came up with also, but wanted to make sure she wasn't going to lose the booking with my mom.. And have to pay another 200%..But knew one room would be 200%..Any more ideas still welcomed.. :)

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

I booked early saver with a TA and have 71 days until sailing. Over the weekend my cousin had to cancel we were in the same room. This is the deal my TA "claims" they worked out with Carnival.

To replace her with another guest AND if I would upgrade from a Jr Suite to a Grand Suite Carnival would keep the cost to Only 200.00 If HAD to remove her then I would lose entire deposit 400.00 Last option

then would have to add the guest as a third person which was close to 800.00

As per TA

Thanks Bob, good info to know for sure.. Just looking at different angles to work. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

If they are going to charge you any penalties for the change, then just book Dad in his own cabin, and have Grandma and Dad switch cabins and get new keys once onboard...

I booked early saver with a TA and have 71 days until sailing. Over the weekend my cousin had to cancel we were in the same room. This is the deal my TA "claims" they worked out with Carnival.

To replace her with another guest AND if I would upgrade from a Jr Suite to a Grand Suite Carnival would keep the cost to Only 200.00 If HAD to remove her then I would lose entire deposit 400.00 Last option

then would have to add the guest as a third person which was close to 800.00

As per TA

WHAT?????

That is so wrong in so many ways.

You can cancel 1 person and they yes lose THEIR deposit not you lose your deposit. You can then add the replacement for the same cost as when you 1st booked.

You do not have to upgrade to do this.

Sounds to me that your TA is trying to get a bigger commission.

OP

Just book dad as a solo at 200% then once on board have dad and grandma go to guest services and get cabins switched. It is no different than when a mom and dad are booked in different cabins with their kids. Guest Services is use to doing this and you face no penalties.

Archived