Carnival Night Clubs

Bashlin

Every cruise I've taken never have a saw any of the night clubs really rockin.. Are the night clubs a wasted space or what could carnival do to pack these rooms?

Things I've noticed are the terrible music variety and the lack of comfort..along with the boring dj's that do nothing more then repeat the same songs and look at you strangely when you give a request..

What would be a good idea to replace the clubs with if they are just not needed.. Clubs can lead to fights and fights are not needed on vacations or cruise ships for that matter..

Not sure why carnival has never tried to take the clubs in a different direction or for that matter just replaced them with something more popular.

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

The Pride is the only ship I've been on where, every time, the club has been ROCKIN'. I mean, completely packed, everyone on the floor dancing, drinks flowing, great music (if you like club/dance/techno/top 40, with some 80's and 90's mixed in), and its like a REAL nightclub. Any other cruise I've been on, its been a little bit barren and slow. I think it has to do with the fact that Pride's nightclub is two floors instead of one, and instead of having a wrap around bar directly around the dance floor at eye level (which makes dancers feel self conscious when they know everyone is watching them), they have lounge-type seating and a bar looking down on the dancing on the top floor. Then, they also have couches and small tables on the bottom floor, but they are off in the corner and the way its set up makes it so dancers aren't really aware of people watching them. I think this design makes all the difference in helping people release their inhibitions when they go into the club, ready to dance. Also, the upper floor is the only smoking area. You are not allowed to smoke on the lower floor (where the dance floor is), and I think that attracts a lot of people to the dancing area on the Pride. I think Carnival should make every club in this layout, it works out so perfectly for everyone.

I know when I was on the Freedom, and the bar was directly wrapped around the dance floor, it made me really self-conscious about dancing and really uncomfortable as a young girl to have men I didn't know watching me. Not that every single man in the world is a perv, but sometimes a club atmosphere can make people do things they wouldn't normally do outside of that environment. I was with my boyfriend so I felt safe, but it still kept me from dancing as much as I would have otherwise. They also completely lower the lights on the Pride, whereas on the Freedom, they slightly dimmed them. Just another factor that completely abolishes anyone's desire to let loose.

Concerning the DJs, they are really hit or miss. Some are really nice and will gladly play your requests. Others will act like they don't hear you or will just tell you yes so that you'll go away.

Every cruise I've taken never have a saw any of the night clubs really rockin.. Are the night clubs a wasted space or what could carnival do to pack these rooms?

Things I've noticed are the terrible music variety and the lack of comfort..along with the boring dj's that do nothing more then repeat the same songs and look at you strangely when you give a request..

What would be a good idea to replace the clubs with if they are just not needed.. Clubs can lead to fights and fights are not needed on vacations or cruise ships for that matter..

Not sure why carnival has never tried to take the clubs in a different direction or for that matter just replaced them with something more popular.

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed your nights in the clubs on the ships, but some of us do. I haven't been on a cruise yet where the night club wasn't rockin. I'm in there every night, dancing and having fun until they turn up the lights at 2 or 3 am and kick us out. As far as music, it's your basic top 40 dance music that you hear on the radio every day. I'd rather they not get rid of the clubs. It's not wasted space to those of us that enjoy them. Saying clubs lead to fights is pretty silly, IMO. In that case, get rid of all the bars too.

On my sailing of the Breeze the nightclub opened at 9:30 hardly anyone in there but the DJ spins good music. Starting around 11pm the DJ spins all hard core Rap...very disappointing. Every cruise I would dance until closing and the DJ played all great dance tunes except Breeze. Breeze at 11pm the night was over as there was no other club for dancing. There was a good band that played till midnight however the dance floor was empty nobody danced.:mad:

On my sailing of the Breeze the nightclub opened at 9:30 hardly anyone in there but the DJ spins good music. Starting around 11pm the DJ spins all hard core Rap...very disappointing. Every cruise I would dance until closing and the DJ played all great dance tunes except Breeze. Breeze at 11pm the night was over as there was no other club for dancing. There was a good band that played till midnight however the dance floor was empty nobody danced.:mad:

What a bummer. I hope that doesn't happen on my Breeze cruise next year. Maybe there will be a better DJ by next fall.

A good DJ can make or break a fun environment.. Just like viva said earlier, some of the set ups just feel awkward.. And with a little redesign would flow much better for a party atmosphere.. The last time I was on the Sensation the DJ kept the lights up the whole night that really defeated the purpose of the dance floor lights even being on..

I don't want to see carnival do away with the night clubs.. I honestly want some things to present to them to make them more functional on all ships.. And plan on getting them all the opinions that collect from this thread. ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Hopefully the "cheers" will also spike the interest in them.. Knowing you have drinks available may get more people into the party mood.. But I still would like to see some of the decor redesigned for a more functional club atmosphere.. That's why I need ideas and opinions to relay to Carnival..

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

I can see it empty before 11pm. Late dinner gets over by 10- there is usually a show or the comedian happening before midnight.

Yrs. ago they would be hopping earlier then now. Like they said with the comedian it just starts a little later. When I was younger I spent a lot of time in the club. Now I'm in bed before it gets going good.

Yrs. ago they would be hopping earlier then now. Like they said with the comedian it just starts a little later. When I was younger I spent a lot of time in the club. Now I'm in bed before it gets going good.

today the teens get the "disco" room until 10pm.

Archived