Live from the Oosterdam on the Xmas cruise

They left Auckland at 5pm and we watched them sail past Orewa at 7 pm . They were glistening in the sunshine and even though in the distance , and on the horizon the ship looked great. They are just coasting along slowly as they only have to get to the Bay of Islands, so they will will be having a smooth ride while dinner is served.

Sorry , but looks like more rain coming in tomorrow:eek:

That's good to know, as we will be boarding as you get off on Wednesday. We have to catch a taxi from the airport, and with all the talk on hear about will she or won't she fit under the bridge I was worried we would have to drive around Sydney looking for the ship!:p

Sorry to hear about your cabin issues. I hope you have an uneventful cruise for the remainder of your time on board.:)

Cheers,

I could write a book - a very funny one - on catching taxis from the airport to the ship. Even though we always ask the taxi driver before we get in if he knows where the cruise ship is at Wharf 5, Barangaroo near Darling Harbour, we have only found a couple of drivers who actually do know where that is. We have been taken to the strangest places, with us all the while telling the driver that he is going on the wrong road. One driver took us on the western side of Darling Harbour (past the Maritime Museum). We pointed out the ship on the other side of the Harbour, and when my husband asked how we could get there, the driver said "walk". I replied that if we had wanted to walk we would have walked from the airport. :)

We now know we have to tell the driver the name of the street where the cruise terminal is located, then he can find it on his GPS. If your ship is going to be at Wharf 5, the address is Hickson Street. If it is at another cruise terminal, I suggest you check out the street address ahead of time. This only takes a couple of minutes when you are at home, but you can't come up with this information when you are sitting in a taxi driving around and around, watching both your watch and the taxi meter moving on.

Happy New Year to everyone!

We celebrated New Years Eve last night in the Vista Lounge. Partied with Jane and her family & friends (aussiedisneyfan). Had a great time. We were entertained by one of the waiters - Lady Gogo. He is a very cool dancer, especially dancing to dancing queen. The passengers really loved him. It was great to see the ships staff enjoying the party. Many ships officers also attended the party.

We are on our last day back to Sydney. Had some big swells yesterday. The weather was a beautiful sunny day. Today is partially cloudy.

I have slackened with my posts, due to catching some bug. I didn't really get to enjoy Auckland, I have been there 3 times.

Have seen some really good shows.

the bathrooms only has a shaving plug in many cabins . a couple regular US style plugs in the cabin itself . you will probably appreciate an extension cord and/or a power strip to get extra outlets where you wantthem

Hi Leanne (Aus family)

Hope you had a good cruise.

I am booked on the Oosterdam in march

Couldyou tell me what kind of electrical outlets they have in the cabins

Thank you

Barbara

We took several plugs. Ended up using a Europe plug with 2 round pins. Hope that helps. Make sure you take a power board.

Archived