I really want to be excited...

noche_caliente

Have you considered bringing along their favorite babysitter? I did that once on a land vacation so we could get some alone time. If you can afford it it can solve many of your worries about the kids situation. As to the ports of call, there are plenty of other ships that go to other destinations that may be more to your liking. And as others have said, maybe postponing until next year may be the answer. How about the 2 of you go alone and celebrate your anniversary this year and do the family one next?

You might want to consider if there is a cabin available to meet your family's needs is changing to the cruise I am booked on which is the Breakaway to Bermuda departing from NYC on June 9th. There are about 141 folks presently on our roll call, plus this is a new ship which has lots of neat things for both kiddies and adults. I know I am very excited :)

but I'm not. We have a cruise on Gem planned for June 8th to the Bahamas and Florida. We're celebrating our 10th anniversary on 6/14, and my son's 8th birthday on 6/9. There are four of us all together, including my 2, almost 3 year old daughter. We're booked in one of the forward penthouse suites overlooking the bow. That is the one thing I think I'm looking forward to on the cruise... no, I take that back, sailing out of New York should be pretty awesome too. Things I'm not excited about are:

When we booked the cruise forever ago, 2 year olds were allowed in the kid's program... now they're not.

Going to Port Canaveral (though my son is excited for a chance to go back to Cape Canaveral)

Going to Nassau

We won't know anyone on board :( Our roll call only has one other family posting on it,

I'm used to being super excited about a cruise for months before it's time to go, but with this one, I'm not. I don't really know what to do to get into it, and we're thinking about cancelling. Anyone have anything that can help us get excited?

ok, no kids program under 3: just like the other cruise lines. I know it is a disappointment, but if that is a big concern, maybe you should wait and cruise another year.

Nassaue, it isn't necessary to visit every port. In fact we usually do stay on ship for one port, we like the quietness and the feeling of total relaxation when everyone is off the ship.

I am sure more will join the roll call. Right now, most of the roll calls are quiet, it is a very busy season and people planning a trip 6 months from now have more on their minds than joining the roll call. Now if all these things make you leary about the cruise, go ahead and cancel...No one can make you have a good time except yourself..

Archived