Freedom of the Seas balcony

Merry Christmas eve. We just booked our first RC cruise and are very excited...even if it is 300 days away. I have a question in regards to the balcony on the Freedom of the Seas.

Will the balcony dividers open between two rooms? My in laws are in the room next to us and my daughter likes to go back and forth between the rooms. On our previous Carnival cruises we were able to have the balcony divider opened and she could go back and forth.

Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas eve. We just booked our first RC cruise and are very excited...even if it is 300 days away. I have a question in regards to the balcony on the Freedom of the Seas.

Will the balcony dividers open between two rooms? My in laws are in the room next to us and my daughter likes to go back and forth between the rooms. On our previous Carnival cruises we were able to have the balcony divider opened and she could go back and forth.

Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas.

Yes, the balcony dividers are able to be opened on Freedom. Whether they are allowed to be opened is a decision up to the ship's management.

Yes they can be opened. Just ask your cabin steward. Just be aware that if the captain chooses to not have them opened, well that's self explanatory. The dividers usually remain closed for safety reasons in relation to the possibility of heavy seas or maintenance issues.

We were on Freedom last New Years and set sail on Sun. Dec. 30... can't wait! Last year we had balconies next to our friends and asked our cabin steward. No problem. Opened them before sail away. They lock in an open position, so, although it is up to the Captain, it's likely they'll open them for you. Makes it nice. We had a huge balcony and could meet out there for a late evening drink and star gazing. Also left notes on the balcony door as to whether we were awake, asleep, etc. Also notes as to where we were if we wanted to meet. Makes it nice.

Archived