Allure of the Seas in pictures: December 2-9, 2012

dmwnc1959

Briefly back to the Royal Promenade for the 70's Disco Street Party...

I shot these two videos from the mezzanine level above and behind the Rising Tide Bar at the stage that was located in front of the Mercedes Benz so because of the zoom factor they are a itty bit shaky. The folks in the foreground of the video are actually on the Rising Tide Bar as was one of the DJ's/host for the party. It was a real blast and when the crowd breaks into the Y...M...C...A chant it is hilarious. The other video is of the same 'Village People' doing In The Navy. It was a GREAT time! :D

YMCA

In The Navy

I didn't spend a lot of time back here except to take some pictures, have a few dogs and some ice cream (two or three times), snack on some yummy doughnuts (more times than I can remember), buy Marty (think Madagascar), and enjoy a fresh hot breakfast at Johnny Rockets. The waitress who seated me that morning amazingly remembered me from four days earlier on embarkation day when we spoke briefly, and I was ashamed I couldn't say the same. I must have made an impression on her. She was very sweet.

A very unique place to hang out on a cruise ship...

Allure of the Seas Part 3 - Boardwalk:

8317228828_f40431c017_z.jpg

My first hopefully will be in 2013, and also thinking about 2016, may be on new oasis-class ship.;)

Sounds like a plan! I'm also shooting for the new Oasis-class too. :D

Thanks for the awesome pictures!

You're WELCOME! Here are some more.... :D

I only ever set foot in the Main Dining Room on two occasions; to take pictures and have the buffet breakfast later on in the week during the cruise. All of my other meals came from venues and restaurants around the ship and from the one night I ordered room service, which was actually quite good.

This next set of pictures includes the Main Dining Room, Chops, 150 Central Park, Giovanni's Table, Vintages, Izumi, and Samba Grill. There are also some food pictures taken with my iPhone that I downloaded as well. Enjoy!

Allure of the Seas Part 4 - Dining:

8320960548_d2ec0e80e0_z.jpg

I spent most of my time here, in Central Park. I found a couple of hideaway spots and would 'people watch' off and on all day. When most of the ship would go ashore in port, and the rest would occupy the pool decks and Solarium, the refuge that this place provided with its gardens, trees and foliage, and sounds of nature was most welcomed.

Allure of the Seas Part 5 - Central Park:

8324852078_613496d76d_z.jpg

Your picrures just GREAT!!! Very, very good and superb. Thanks a lot again.:)

I'm so very happy that you are enjoying them. :D

Sorry it's taking so long to get them on here but I work midnight shifts and it can several hours to download even one album even after I have all the pictures chosen.

The next few albums will include many pictures from the Solarium, Viking Crown Lounge, and Dazzles, our arrival into Cozumel, pool decks and sport decks areas, sea pictures, as well as various pictures from around the ship that I couldn't slot into one of the other albums.

It will take a few more days but will give everyone something to browse through over the New Year's holiday. ;)

I'm so very happy that you are enjoying them. :D

Sorry it's taking so long to get them on here but I work midnight shifts and it can several hours to download even one album even after I have all the pictures chosen.

The next few albums will include many pictures from the Solarium, Viking Crown Lounge, and Dazzles, our arrival into Cozumel, pool decks and sport decks areas, sea pictures, as well as various pictures from around the ship that I couldn't slot into one of the other albums.

It will take a few more days but will give everyone something to browse through over the New Year's holiday. ;)

That's ok. It's even more interesting to get pictures some times per day, than all at once.

This video of Central Park was shot one night after it had rained and it was a bit windy, which was OK because it was that warm Caribbean wind and not a bone chilling cold wind like I have outside my window right now.

The video has no commentary, no soundtrack. It starts at the forward end of Central Park, goes down the main walkway all the way to the back, returns to the front, then goes down the small path in front of Britto and ends at Park Cafe. It's a slow walk as to not jar the camera around too much and you'll see people passing me up here and there. On occasion the video loses focus albeit briefly, I think that was due to all the nighttime lighting.

It takes just under 10 minutes for the entire walk about. It's quiet and peaceful, just the way I remember most every night. I hope you enjoy it.

Briefly back to the Royal Promenade for the 70's Disco Street Party...

I shot these two videos from the mezzanine level above and behind the Rising Tide Bar at the stage that was located in front of the Mercedes Benz so because of the zoom factor they are a itty bit shaky. The folks in the foreground of the video are actually on the Rising Tide Bar as was one of the DJ's/host for the party. It was a real blast and when the crowd breaks into the Y...M...C...A chant it is hilarious. The other video is of the same 'Village People' doing In The Navy. It was a GREAT time! :D

YMCA

In The Navy

Funny we where on the rising tide my dw is in your videos... It was so much fun being up there instead of in the masses

Your video about Central Park is amazing! I have watched a lot of videos about both Oasis and Allure, and many of them is very interesting too, but this video is something unique. I also noticed quite a strong wind there, like you sad. I Used to think that at such high walls around Central Park, there is impossible to get so windy.

Great pics!! Loving the videos on you tube. I have a question about the meet & Mingle. What were all the bags that were there. Prizes? Did you have to bring anything to trade. I have not attended a meet & Mingle before and an going to the one on our cruise in April and don't want to not bring something.

Great pics!! Loving the videos on you tube. I have a question about the meet & Mingle. What were all the bags that were there. Prizes? Did you have to bring anything to trade. I have not attended a meet & Mingle before and an going to the one on our cruise in April and don't want to not bring something.

The organizer of our M&M (Liz aka Elizanessie) also sets up a donation for one of the local orphanages near Labadee every year under the banner of International Critters. That large pile of bags were gifts and donations brought by other Cruise Critic members on this sailing to add to the substantial donations she arranged. The small bags on the tables were prizes (Labadee Shore Excursions) were all tried to win after purchasing raffle tickets also set up by one of the amazing members of our M&M (Jim?). All proceeds went to the orphanage as well. It was a pretty amazing time and we had a great turnout! PICTURES.

Funny we where on the rising tide my dw is in your videos... It was so much fun being up there instead of in the masses

That's pretty amazing you can see your DW out of all of those people! They looked like they were having a blast on the Rising Tide Bar. :D

I've been lurking on YOUR REVIEW and you guys had a pretty wonderful trip, enjoyed all the things I missed out on like the jerk pork at Falmouth, the trip beach at Labadee, and those legendary roast beef sandwiches. Looking forward to more updates on the cruise as seen through your eyes and experiences.

Your video about Central Park is amazing! I have watched a lot of videos about both Oasis and Allure, and many of them is very interesting too, but this video is something unique.

Great pics!! Loving the videos on you tube.

THANKS for the kind words! Here's another for our everyone's viewing pleasure... ;)