Allure of the Seas in pictures: December 2-9, 2012

dmwnc1959

This quickie video shot in Central Park is not so quiet. :eek: I happen to be standing on the little porch outside the forward elevator lobby when the bagpipe guy kicked into full gear. The sound echos all through the park long after I lost sight of him. Pretty cool stuff. :D

Bagpipes in Central Park (1min34sec)

This final picture of Central Park won't be the best ever you've seen, but I thought it pretty well captured the feeling of the size without too much exaggeration of the width. Its a panorama I took while standing on the port side porch just off the forward elevator lobby. I put the link instead of posting the actual large picture as to not distort this page to a much wider width.

click for large version

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8215/8327818413_db90e1c5f5_b.jpg

Hopefully you can click on the larger version but if you can't this is the smaller size version of that same picture...

8327818413_db90e1c5f5_z.jpg

Next up, more pictures of the ship and more ships! ;)

Edited by dmwnc1959

There are of course lots of places to view the ocean on Allure of the Seas. Some of the spaces where you do this from are pretty amazing in themselves. This short album includes pictures of the Solarium, Viking Crown Lounge, Pinnacle Chapel, and Dazzles.

Allure of the Seas Part 6 - Rooms with a View:

8329053872_d6fd82f9d8_z.jpg

That previous lead in picture posted above of the Solarium was the morning we pulled into Cozumel, so if you've ever wondered what it was like to be up at the crack of dawn, see the sunrise, and watch all the cruise ships pull in you're in luck - this album covers just that. There were seven ships in port that day, and the sunrise was very nice, easing its head above the horizon as we rounded the northern end of the island and headed into large channel between the Cozumel and the mainland of Mexico. Mariner of the Seas was docked next to us so there are also lots of comparison pictures with the Allure of the Seas next to her.

Allure of the Seas - Approach to Cozumel and other ships:

8331607055_9e68b2f50f_z.jpg

I want to THANK everyone again for the opportunity to share these pictures with you and for putting up with the delays in getting these posted.

This next set of pictures includes the jogging track and its sea views, topside pool and sports court areas, and pictures of the morning we steamed right past Grand Cayman without even stopping. :(;)

Allure of the Seas Part 7 - Topside and the sea:

8332957146_7b15ddfd81_z.jpg

This FINAL album (yes, the end is finally here) combines other miscellaneous pictures that I took from around the ship including smaller public spaces, odd shots, art, as well as my room and screen shots of what you billing/account look like on the in-room TV service.

Allure of the Seas - Miscellaneous:

8338278552_0dcd3c66d5_z.jpg

thanks so much for taking the time to post your wonderful pictures and videos!!!

i especially love all the videos - i didn't even need to take dramamine before watching them (as happens with so many people's videos!!!! :eek:)

loved it all...

i'm planning on going through it all again at a much slower pace so that i can really take it all in!!!! :)

Hi alaska_planner!

I'm glad that you enjoyed them... :D

I found one more picture for everyone on my iPhone before deleting the more than 550 pictures and videos that I took with it (add that to the more than 4,250 I took with my camera).

People often ask 'Isn't the ship always crowded with THAT many people?". I think that I remember hearing that we had 5,820 passengers on our sailing. Well, this picture pretty much says it all. How do you think this couple would have answered that question at this moment in time?

8337490037_67e34909ae_z.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Awesome pictures and video - Thank you for your efforts!

THANKS! I'm glad you liked them. :D Wish I could do it all over again this year but looks like I'm sailing the new Royal Princess that debuts this June. I'll be on her the first week of December and although she won't be anything close to Allure of the Seas she'll be a fine ship none the less.

That's pretty amazing you can see your DW out of all of those people! They looked like they were having a blast on the Rising Tide Bar. :D

I've been lurking on YOUR REVIEW and you guys had a pretty wonderful trip, enjoyed all the things I missed out on like the jerk pork at Falmouth, the trip beach at Labadee, and those legendary roast beef sandwiches. Looking forward to more updates on the cruise as seen through your eyes and experiences.

Thanks for the compliment, your photos are so cool, if you ever so to Jamaica again the jerk pork is not to be missed.

I couldn't agree with you more about the crowds, I know some people say it was crowded but we never really felt it.

Edited by rlpolobear9
boo

• 9 months later...
Awesome Review!! i love the Allure

THANKS cruiserdude! I still had this thread 'subscribed' and was surprised to see anyone still looks at it lol ;)

It was indeed a great ship and I hope one day to be able to get back over to RCI. In the mean time I have a few Princess Cruises booked for this year and early 2015. Maybe I'll make it onto the new Oasis 3 in 2016! :D

THANKS cruiserdude! I still had this thread 'subscribed' and was surprised to see anyone still looks at it lol ;)

It was indeed a great ship and I hope one day to be able to get back over to RCI. In the mean time I have a few Princess Cruises booked for this year and early 2015. Maybe I'll make it onto the new Oasis 3 in 2016! :D

im looking foward to Oasis III

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...