SeaDream Specials

Jim Avery

Hi all,

Received an invite to a Cruise Exhibition in London next month - with the teaser that lines will be offering "show special" fares.

SD is one of the exhibitors. Anyone got any ideas if they offer useful discounts at events such as this?

OK I bit the bullet and gave up my booked stateroom for the GTY and saved a $1000. Figured I could pay for a couple of nights in Istanbul with the savings. My TA said she got us the last GTY available. Either they did not have many or people were on ready to book them when they became available or there were people like me who changed their booking to get a price reduction. Maybe some of all of the above. When I find out what cabin I have (when we board), I will let you all know!

OK I bit the bullet and gave up my booked stateroom for the GTY and saved a $1000. Figured I could pay for a couple of nights in Istanbul with the savings. My TA said she got us the last GTY available. Either they did not have many or people were on ready to book them when they became available or there were people like me who changed their booking to get a price reduction. Maybe some of all of the above. When I find out what cabin I have (when we board), I will let you all know!

We've done GTY at least 3 times - and you can usually find out at least a week ahead of boarding by going on line and checking - its usually in the system by then. We always book GTY if available.

FT

Archived