Allure 16/12/2012 Review

cb8

Apologies if the pictures are large. Forgive me if the review is hopeless but hey hoo.

This cruise was booked for almost a year so it was a long long wait.

We had a night in the Hilton Marina. We arrived at 8pm so it was dark and we went right to bed. Morning came and me and my gf were shocked to see super size yachts right outside of the room. The hotel staff told us one of the boats was Steven Spielberg

The Hotel....

6fwcvt.jpg

dyujgh.jpg

Transportation.....

from the airport - hotel - Allure and when we disembarked allure - hotel - airport , was included and the company was America Transportation. All I can say is about very unorganized. Pre cruise and after the cruise. Me and the mrs were put on 3 different buses cause the organizer did not have a clue but that was the only let down of the holiday.

Embarkment....

So easy. It takes 5 minutes to get checked in and then you are on your way to the ship. It takes a good 10/ 15 minutes to make your way up the gangway due to the crowds.

First step on board.....

WOW.... You board on deck 5 on the Royal Promenade and you are taken back by the size and the decorations.

34rx1kp.jpg

149xp37.jpg

Room...

The room was ready for 2pm. We did not have a problem with this due to us walking round the ship . Inside cabin was great. Plenty of room and the bathroom had plenty of room to move about in. On the second day I broke the toilet but that was sorted for when we got back to the room. I was very grateful for that

2dbkro3.jpg

Sea days....

Plenty of room by the 3 pools. Plenty of sun loungers so Mrs Cb was happy.

Flow rider....

I took the 60 minute lesson which was $60. I had 6 other people but got plenty of time when it came to your turn. I have a few video's but not to sure how to post.

PLEASE PUT YOUR SUNGLASSES ON ... YOU WILL BE BLINDED BY HOW PALE I AM

28uqqzm.jpg

Food….

Buffet…

Decent food. I can see why people are happy to eat from the Windjammer, Park Café and the Samba Grill in the morning and lunch time. Dinner the windjammer, park café and the pizza place on deck 5. Oh there is a sandwich place open 24 hours on deck 5 also

Main dining room…

We had my time which meant you had a set table and we went 4 times.2 formal nights and the rest are casual. Guys must cover legs and feet. The menu changed every night and the food was great. You could order as many starters, main and desert as you liked but some people were going overboard. Lobster is extra but Thursday night it is free… just ask the waiter and he will confirm what day. I had the lobster and it was lovely.

2d78oiw.jpg

Entertainment….

Book the shows as soon as you board. Deck 4. The shows fill up quick and you will not get to see the shows. I must say the shows were great. Not too long and very entertaining. The talent the performers have is unreal.

Ports….

Labadee - Haiti

This was our favourite port of call. The beach is a 2 minute walk from the ship and the bar shacks are all RCC. This is handy because if you want a drink it goes onto your sea pass ( your room card ). The only part that DOES NOT BELONG TO RCC IS THE MARKET. You will be hustled about buying items. Just be aware . Lunch is provided by RCC on the island. This is a buffet with ribs and steaks and everything you would get on the ship.

vomzyg.jpg

2dhsn6p.jpg

Falmouth – Jamica

This is a large shopping complex. Plenty of jewellery shops and diamond shops. So gents be ready to get the credit card out to treat your good lady. Plenty of local shops selling local gifts. There is also a large duty free and a free cigar shops.

WARNING…. Out side the complex is completely different. Once you leave the gates it is wild. Hustle hustle and you do not feel safe. So please have your wits about you if you leave the complex to go a walk.

Taxi’s will take you to the beach for $20 return. RCC do shore excursions so might be cheaper via ur own taxi.

29nfsjq.jpg

Cozumel – Mexico

My gf booked the both of us to swim with the dolphins. $99 each but well worth it. This included the taxi fare from the ship and back to the ship. Really you must try it.

Taxi ride down town is $8 . If you are walking it it is a 45 minute walk.

2wqcxsl.jpg

Just a quick summary. This holiday was a 10 out of 10 for us. The experience RCC delivers is just superb. The ship, the food, crew, entertainment are in a league of their own. I must say this because it made my blood boil…. The people that treat the crew like dirt should be ashamed. So many arrogant d*@s on board. It is nice to be nice and a thank you is not hard. No matter how the crew are treated they always have a smile and always ready for a chat.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

You're right, I see no other way, but to be nice and kind to one another. I wS in home depot one day and the checker couldn't find a price so she started slinging my items across the scanner, she said sorry, but I've had a bad day, while still slinging my things, I didn't say a word, BUT thinking, NO LADY, having a bad day is just finding out you have cancer at a pretty young age and telling four little kids their mom has cancer, NOW, that's a bad day. Didn't mean to go on, but a kind word and going out of your way to serve someone is the way to go, don't know why someone would treat a crew member nothing but nice, just my opinion:) thanks for the review

You're right, I see no other way, but to be nice and kind to one another. I wS in home depot one day and the checker couldn't find a price so she started slinging my items across the scanner, she said sorry, but I've had a bad day, while still slinging my things, I didn't say a word, BUT thinking, NO LADY, having a bad day is just finding out you have cancer at a pretty young age and telling four little kids their mom has cancer, NOW, that's a bad day. Didn't mean to go on, but a kind word and going out of your way to serve someone is the way to go, don't know why someone would treat a crew member nothing but nice, just my opinion:) thanks for the review

I know some people may be having a bad day but you see the same people being cheeky and not even saying thanks to the crew for helping is shocking. I would say mostly the Chinese and a few of the older American couples being very rude, But such is life i guess.

Archived