Too Many Rates!!!

Amy Giard

I know you think you understood what you thought you heard me say but I'm not quite sure what you heard me say is what you thought I meant.

sort of the same as trying to figure out the rates.

Best post about the new rates. :D

I agree with all the others about how confusing it is now to determine which rate to book. :confused:

to GottaLuvCruisin-

Yes, I just encountered this. Booked Early Saver... about a month ago I applied for a price drop that bumped my fare UP by $200/cabin but gave us $250/cabin in onboard credits. So, net savings of $50/cabin by doing that. I have to lay out more up front but will be ahead in the end.

It was explained to me here, though that if you find a lower (net) price than that, you could lose the OBC if the new lower fare doesn't have obc... like with you... if you find a fare for $900, that would be lower than your net right now ($1050-$100 obc), so you could drop to the $900 fare but you would lose the OBC.

I think the price drops were costing too much - so they went this route to confuse everything and make it much more difficult to get price drops. Anyone else actually seeing drops they can qualify for???

Yes, we've had 2 price drops using the Senior Rate from Fareviewer. After clicking on Senior Rate, click continue, and it shows a higher rate for each category (4A, 4B, etc.) where you get to keep your chosen cabin.

We booked early saver and just had a $170.00 price drop. The residency rate fell below what I booked early saver for. YAY!!!

We have had about $350.00 in price drops since last February. I was really shocked due to all of the new rates that they came out with that there was a rate showing that much of a discount so close to when we sail... :)

Archived