Cruise Compete

Living the Dream

Good afternoon - first, the information that you all address in this forum is invaluable. so thanks to all of you "veteran cruisers"

Second, and my question, what is the "word" on using Cruise Compete website?

Anyone used this before?

Thanks

Shane Sisk

Lexington, KY

I used "Cruise Compete" when transferring our reservation for our last cruise. After I received the bids I did as much research as I could on the different TA's. I felt that the most important thing was ensuring you were dealing with a reputable agency.

Great site.

We cruised on Diamond Princess Dec 04 and just returned from Celebrity Summit Trans Panama May 05.

My approach is, once I received the quotes, I called the different agents who submitted quotes. Then I judged by the timeliness of returning my call, the keenness you felt from talking to them on the phone, and in general, after a phone call or two, you can tell who are the more competant agents and who are eager to get your biz, versus who are incompetant or downright careless ...

Each cruise was booked thru a different agencies. We were satisfied with both agents, more satisfied with the recent one.

Whatever you do, don't give them your past pasenger number. I did once and one of the bidders booked the cruise. I accidently found this out when checking my Captains Circle credit. It was very difficult for me to get my credit back and my cabin credit for onboard booking because of this.

I have used them 2 times. The last was for Caribbean Princess last December. They had the lowest price. This past week I was looking at Carnival Liberty, and they did not have the lowest price, so I went with someone else. But I got 6 quotes on each ship I was interested in. You can always use as a tool to research prices and get an idea of what to expect.

I've tried cruise compete for our 4 last cruises - but, never found the lowest price there. So, have never booked with any of the cruise compete agencies.

I had the same experience with my last cruise and my upcoming cruise. However, it is an easy site to use and a great way to get multiple offers, just do some additional research on your own.

Archived