QM2,Circumavigation NZ

theldaken

As the title suggests we are spending the childrens' inhertance and setting off in March.

Advice,please we we are about to book our shore excursions,with Cunard and would appreciate any input as to the pro's & con's of our choices.

Bay of Islands:Cape Brett Cruise.

Auckland:Antarctic Encounter,saw some not so good reviews,when I Googled it.

Wellington:Kariori Sanctuary.

Akaroa:Nature cruise.

I would be very greatful for your opinions.

As the title suggests we are spending the childrens' inhertance and setting off in March.

Advice,please we we are about to book our shore excursions,with Cunard and would appreciate any input as to the pro's & con's of our choices.

Bay of Islands:Cape Brett Cruise.

Auckland:Antarctic Encounter,saw some not so good reviews,when I Googled it.

Wellington:Kariori Sanctuary.

Akaroa:Nature cruise.

I would be very greatful for your opinions.

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic! Congratulations on spending the childrens inheritance and having a nice cruise. Is this your first cruise on QM2?

First, I would like to tell you that there are roll calls that your segment would be included in..they are located in the Roll Call section for Cunard/QM2. You can usually get more info from the people there. Also the ports of call section can help with info as well.

We are doing Singapore to Melbourne segment which includes the NZ circumnavigation. We are not doing any of the excursions you mention though so I can't comment on those.

Since we are on a cruise we did not want to do the Cape Brett cruise in Bay of Islands but booked the Waitangi excursion and then plan to see Paihia and Russell if there is time.

In Auckland we thought we'd do the HOHO and then wander around. We had read mostly bland reviews on the Antarctic Encounter so we decided we probably would give that a miss.

Wellington, we booked Highlights tour. Then wander around.

Akaroa, we thought we would try to get to Christchurch with the ships transportation. We have heard that Akaroa is very pretty. Maybe if we have time we can walk around Akaroa when back from Christchurch.

Maybe we will see you onboard!

Barbara

Archived