1/4/13 - Possible 3rd person cancellation questions

Mickeefan

I posted this on the end of a previous thread, but it was suggested that I post in a separate thread because of the time sensitivity...

I have a couple questions regarding 3rd person cancelling. Here's the backstory:

We are 3 people booked in a JS and set to sail 1/4/13 (1 week from today). All funds have been received from 3rd person. We have RCI CruiseCare insurance. What would happen if 3rd person cancelled? Would they get any money back? Would they get a credit/partial credit toward another cruise? Would they charge the 2 left an additional amount? Would they bump us to another cabin for 2? How, if any, would this differ if they were just a "no-show" at the port on sailing day?

Thanks in advance!

Whether the person would get a refund or not would depend on the terms of the policy as well as the reason for canceling. You would not be charged more nor do I see you being moved. They might get port fees refunded.

will get all of the money back. If they have two in the cabin they are happy. We booked 6 in a Family Oceanview and they told me I could cancel the 6th at anytime. I only needed 5 in the room. My mom was skittish about going, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose the money. Another time. We booked 2 cabins of 3 each adjoining. We ended up canceling 1 person and it was no problem. Call RC or your TA. Your TA may charge you a fee, but RC should not.

Good luck and call ASAP

Kelly

Archived