Do many us citizens do 14 night cruises or are they all 6 or 8 nights?

ellyg1824

I don't have much desire to do more than 7 days. I get a good amount of vacation time but don't want to blow it all on one place. I'd rather keep some for trips to see family, a weekend in Vegas with friends, or a weekend getaway with my fiancé. Several smaller trips are more important to me than one big one.

I think it's a cultural thing. Many Europeans have no problem flying 2-3 hours to Spain, Greece or Egypt to spend 2-3 weeks on the same beach. Americans aren't generally that way.

I don't have much desire to do more than 7 days. I get a good amount of vacation time but don't want to blow it all on one place. I'd rather keep some for trips to see family, a weekend in Vegas with friends, or a weekend getaway with my fiancé. Several smaller trips are more important to me than one big one.

I think it's a cultural thing. Many Europeans have no problem flying 2-3 hours to Spain, Greece or Egypt to spend 2-3 weeks on the same beach. Americans aren't generally that way.

I think most folks do weekend getaways....they just don't consider that vacation time.

I am off every other Friday. If I combine that with a Monday holiday, that's 3 nights somewhere (Vegas, San Diego, Napa, San Francisco, Mendocino) and not an hour on the books.

:)

We did our own version of a B2B - but we changed ships. A 7 night cruise on the Oasis followed by one night in Fort Lauderdale. Then the Celebrity Solstice for another 7 night cruise. We fly from California so if possible we do more than a 7 night cruise. I really liked going from the high energy Oasis to the more laid back Solstice. The one night in between gave us time to do laundry. We sent our dressier clothes to be cleaned on the Solstice.

Most cruises leaving from US ports are 6-8 nights as vacation time is not as generous as across the pond. So a week on a ship still leaves time for other commitments and short getaways.

Archived