Fantasia Cabin Identification

northerncomfort16

Happy New Year to All.

I think the attached clip is a chance to play "spot your cabin", at least for aft and starboard cabins. It enabled me to idenitify that 8005 did indeed have a porthole as the deck plan suggested it might be a restricted balcony. It also shows the relative depth of the balconies on the aft cabins.

I have to say that the slow pan along the starboard side reminded me a little of the Park Hill Flats in Sheffield, UK; famous for once being voted as the ugliest building in Europe. Not that I think the Fantasia is ugly, I guess it's more a comment about the uniformity that having so many balconies brings.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/78/37/783727_35cd59ed.jpg

The 8005 cabin class is listed as inside so don't count on it having a porthole or any type of window. The Fantasia is a beautiful ship though.

8005 is shown on the Fantasia deck plan l have in front of me as category 5 "Ocean View" coloured in grey and potentially having a small balcony.

Many thanks for the video. I don't have the bandwidth here in Greece to watch it.

There could be some value in knowing which 'Ocean View' cabins are actually 'Juliets'.

Tim.

Yes 8005 is a standard outside cabin and despite how it appears on the deck plan I'm now certain it does have a porthole.

As it happens I decided to book a balcony cabin as neither the outside or inside were "attractive" location wise to me and as much as I do quite like surprises I thought that a gtd inside ran the risk of getting the worst cabin on board. There is also the fact that I have ever had a balcony and may not get the chance again - at least not these prices.

Yassou Nafti Tim - I hope all is well with you Greece. I have find out a bit of information from MSC that I'll post on the roll call thread. And yes I know I have demoted you to sailor!

Michael

Yes 8005 is a standard outside cabin and despite how it appears on the deck plan I'm now certain it does have a porthole.

As it happens I decided to book a balcony cabin as neither the outside or inside were "attractive" location wise to me and as much as I do quite like surprises I thought that a gtd inside ran the risk of getting the worst cabin on board. There is also the fact that I have ever had a balcony and may not get the chance again - at least not these prices.

Yassou Nafti Tim - I hope all is well with you Greece. I have find out a bit of information from MSC that I'll post on the roll call thread. And yes I know I have demoted you to sailor!

Michael

Michael, I am a yacht captain hence 'skipper'. It may not count much on cruise ships, but I still have the legal capacity to marry any two people who mis-behave as I see fit. You have been warned :)

Archived