Getting More WITHOUT Paying for it

slp123

We need to be careful to differentiate between the Best Price Guarantee, which is valid for only a few hours after booking, and other times when the advertised price is lowered and is not limited to new bookings only or some other "special deal".

For US customers, if the price of your cruise drops prior to final payment, you may be able to get the lower price, and this would not be as OBC, this is the cruise fare that would be lowered.

This has happened to several of us recently, for cruises in April. The price dropped, and we got new invoices for the lower cruise fare. We are outside the 75 day window.

No wonder he got a refund after 48 hours. It wasn't Celebrity :D

If you are referring to me---it was Celebrity. For my upcoming January 26th cruise on Celebrity Reflection.

I no that there is something called a 48 hour price guarantee. This thread is not about that guarantee. And that guarantee has nothing to do with any subsequent sale or promotion that Celebrity might put in place to produce more sale and sail with near 100% occupancy.

That 48 hour price guarantee is to assure prospective passengers that if they book a cruise on the Celebrity site or by phone with a Celebrity rep and then find on through another travel agent or travel site a lower price for the same cruise/cabin, then Celebrity will pay to you an amount equal to 110% of the difference between what you paid and the lower price offered elsewhere and that sum will be put into your on-board account for your use during your cruise.

After responding to your wrongful assertion (again made up without any factual evidence) I have another to address and then I have a question for all you nay-sayers.

Archived