a quick question

Still a bit new to this cruising lark, don't want to sound dumb as i know people get incentives for early booking, but i noticed one or two have got free onboard spending for the Caribbean. Is this given to early bookers only and if so, what is their cut off date for this offer. Thanks peeps, Just over 6 weeks to go, can't wait, never been so far in my life.:D

Still a bit new to this cruising lark, don't want to sound dumb as i know people get incentives for early booking, but i noticed one or two have got free onboard spending for the Caribbean. Is this given to early bookers only and if so, what is their cut off date for this offer. Thanks peeps, Just over 6 weeks to go, can't wait, never been so far in my life.:D

Yes usually an early booking incentive if no AI offer is available at the time. You only get it if it's shown as an offer at the point of booking though. Not long to go now gizzie - you'll love it! :D

Thanks Kruzseeka, that's what i thought,we booked in the shop so no point in asking at this late stage, we did get our own deal though as we bought gift cards using hubby's works incentive and saved something like 6 per cent of the gift card, then used these to pay for the holiday. Yes not long, got to look through wardrobe and decide what to take, not going to buy anything for captains cocktail party, and as i wore my wedding dress last time, i don't think we will be going all out to dress up for it, just a something i would wear for an evening out i think. Enjoy your trip, look forward to hearing all about it, and a big sloppy hug to my son please ;)

Thanks Kruzseeka, that's what i thought,we booked in the shop so no point in asking at this late stage, we did get our own deal though as we bought gift cards using hubby's works incentive and saved something like 6 per cent of the gift card, then used these to pay for the holiday. Yes not long, got to look through wardrobe and decide what to take, not going to buy anything for captains cocktail party, and as i wore my wedding dress last time, i don't think we will be going all out to dress up for it, just a something i would wear for an evening out i think. Enjoy your trip, look forward to hearing all about it, and a big sloppy hug to my son please ;)

My pleasure! ;)

Ha ha ha this had me chuckling. I know Darren doesn't mind, he is very friendly. I know one lady, told me she really wanted to go up and speak to him, but daren't. He's not a superstar (only in his family's eyes lol) and unlike those who are, he will give his time freely and genuinely. It's become a bit of a joke with us now, as people have gone to him and asked are you Darren, and he's replied with the question "Cruise Critic?" It's nice for me too when i hear that someone has been in touch with him and that he seems well. :)

Oh and just to say, not sure how much singing he is doing on this cruise. although he will be doing some, as he is cast as a dancer/singer this time, though i'm sure he would rather be doing more of the singing like he did on the Celebration.

Ha ha ha this had me chuckling. I know Darren doesn't mind, he is very friendly. I know one lady, told me she really wanted to go up and speak to him, but daren't. He's not a superstar (only in his family's eyes lol) and unlike those who are, he will give his time freely and genuinely. It's become a bit of a joke with us now, as people have gone to him and asked are you Darren, and he's replied with the question "Cruise Critic?" It's nice for me too when i hear that someone has been in touch with him and that he seems well. :)

Lol! Still don't know if we did embarrass him when we were on the Celebration holding up the signs we had made for him after he'd done his excellent "solo spot" in Liberties but he took it all in good humour & laughed! We bought & watched the Les Miserables 10 year Anniversary DVD yesterday - it reminded me of our time on the Celebration this year; we loved the show teams version of that show and Darren was superb in that - he IS a superstar!! :) ;)

Hi Huddersfield Tourist. He's Darren S. I didn't think he would be doing so much singing this time as he did say he would be working as a dancer that sings this time round. Although he is a trained dancer, i think he prefers the singing side of it, and i know he enjoyed doing his swing spot on the Celebration but he also loves performing his more up to date songs which he has done at his many gigs. He has done a lot of singing over the years and i think this is what he would like to do in the future, but i also think that he is happy as long as he is performing and has an audience. I love to watch him perform, but i also give him an unbiased opinion of his performances and will critisise if i think he has done a poor performance as i know he likes honesty. Looking forward to seeing the shows whatever his role. :D

Thanks for the lovely comment Jules. A few people have commented on his solo spots especially his swing numbers. He used to get a lot of comments when he was a teenager about his ability to put a swing number over well. I must admit that i love his swing sets, and i know he enjoys doing these. but he really loves the up to date sets that he does in his gigs at home. A lot of people have said what a versatile performer he is. I love a lot of the old stuff and i used to try and convince him to give it a go when he was a youngster. Pleased i did though i wasnt responsible for him singing Minnie the Moocher when he was about 15, That was my mum!

Thanks for the lovely comment Jules. A few people have commented on his solo spots especially his swing numbers. He used to get a lot of comments when he was a teenager about his ability to put a swing number over well. I must admit that i love his swing sets, and i know he enjoys doing these. but he really loves the up to date sets that he does in his gigs at home. A lot of people have said what a versatile performer he is. I love a lot of the old stuff and i used to try and convince him to give it a go when he was a youngster. Pleased i did though i wasnt responsible for him singing Minnie the Moocher when he was about 15, That was my mum!

:) Yes, his Minnie the Moocher was very good ;) Let's hope the Dream team discover his singing talent and give him a few solo slots every now & then!

:) Yes, his Minnie the Moocher was very good ;) Let's hope the Dream team discover his singing talent and give him a few solo slots every now & then!

oh didn't know he did it on the Celebration. Just shows what i know, though he didn't do a solo spot the week we were on which was a little disappointing. Would be nice to hear him sing whilst we are on the Dream, but it's not that easy to sort out and to be fair, someone would have to give up their spot to give him a go. Saying that, Darren has often given up a slot or a song for someone else to have a go, especially if he thought they could do a better job than he could, he's very fair in that way and all for getting the best out of a show, even if it means he plays a minor role.

Hi gizzie, will he still be on the Dream when we go on the repositioning cruise in April from Tenerife to Majorca?

In the meantime - I can answer that I think - The Show Team do not know for certain yet or did not on 23rd Dec !!

They were told they ended in Tenerife on 26th April originally but now are awaiting final confirmation of whether it is Palma or not 8 days later.

This is not speculation by me I hasten to add.

One of them will email me when the answer is finalised.

Hi Huddersfield Tourist. He's Darren S. I didn't think he would be doing so much singing this time as he did say he would be working as a dancer that sings this time round. Although he is a trained dancer, i think he prefers the singing side of it, and i know he enjoyed doing his swing spot on the Celebration but he also loves performing his more up to date songs which he has done at his many gigs. He has done a lot of singing over the years and i think this is what he would like to do in the future, but i also think that he is happy as long as he is performing and has an audience. I love to watch him perform, but i also give him an unbiased opinion of his performances and will critisise if i think he has done a poor performance as i know he likes honesty. Looking forward to seeing the shows whatever his role. :D

He seemed to be enjoying himself and so did Sarah N who you no doubt know too !! During that first two week cruise they were both just starting with the Team as you know. They seemed more involved than their predecessors to me who I also saw in this Team. Best wishes to them for a great season in the Caribbean.

In the meantime - I can answer that I think - The Show Team do not know for certain yet or did not on 23rd Dec !!

They were told they ended in Tenerife on 26th April originally but now are awaiting final confirmation of whether it is Palma or not 8 days later.

This is not speculation by me I hasten to add.

One of them will email me when the answer is finalised.

Oooh er! Hope there is a showteam for our cruise :rolleyes:

Oooh er! Hope there is a showteam for our cruise :rolleyes:

Yes there will be a new team which will join in Caribbean for the 12 day crossing and start performing from Tenerife or they will join in Tenerife and start performing from the Palma sailings. They never join the ship and start the same day ( as you will have noticed they do the embarkations etc so can not arrive the same day as the passengers !! )

Eek! i will have to find out too, as Darren has arranged for his phone to go back on in April, so will have to change it if he's coming back later.

This is it ! At present they were originally contracted to April ( Tenerife ) but now it MAY and I stress MAY be in Palma in MAY 8 days later !!!

The point is they do not like changing show teams during a cruise and there will be a large number of passengers who are doing the 20 days from Barbados via Tenerife to Palma .... but they may change the teams - that is what is not known at the time I last heard.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived