Raddison PG vs Princess TP

travelgirl913

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has sailed on both these ships and had a pros and cons of each they could provide?

My husband and I were originally going to go with Princess but they can't confirm 2nd dining seating and we don't want to get stuck with 1st seating and have our vacation spoiled being forced to rush to dinner by 6pm. I have heard Radisson has open seating and this may be a better option with TP's 2nd seating on waitlist only.

We have only sailed with Celebrity 3 times and RCCL once. We went back to Celebrity because the quality of the food on RCCL was much less. I am very curious on people's opinions out there on the two and any advice they can offer.

Thank you!!

We have sailed on the TP but not the PG. I might suggest that if you decide on the Tahitian Princess that you check about changing your seating assignments for dinner as soon as you board, if there are only two of you, you will probably be able to switch to late seating.

BUT.............if you mean what you say "we don't want to get stuck with 1st seating and have our vacation spoiled being forced to rush to dinner by 6pm" and this would totally ruin your cruise if by chance you end up with early seating, then I would definitely switch to the PG. I mean, it if means this much to you that you would switch lines totally then you might be safer on the PG.

I mean, it if means this much to you that you would switch lines totally then you might be safer on the PG.

Couldn't the OP just do Personal Choice Dining on Princess? Skip the traditional all together? That would provide total flexibility.

Blue skies ...

--rita

No they couldn't! This is one of the many things I've learned about the TP is they don't have personal choice on this ship. Have been doing a lot of looking at this ship and because of it's smaller size it isn't able to PC.

Hi,

DH and I sailed on PG 11/04...have not sailed on TP (at least not yet :) ). We did enjoy being able to have our meals whenever we felt like it and never had any trouble getting a table for two (if that is important to you). We are definitely going back to French Polynesia at some point, it is just an amazing trip, however, we are not sure we would do PG again. Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful vacation, but we did not feel the extra $$ spent to sail on RSSC was really worth it. You probably know this already since you have been researching, but for the cost of a balcony cabin on PG for 7 days, we could've had the OS on TP for 10 days, and, at least for us, it is more important to have additional days to really appreciate FP. Yes, the perks you receive on PG are great, but in our opinion, did not justify spending so much more.

This was just our experience...sorry for rambling...hope this helps!

Archived